What? you don't know?

Alois P.O.V

Within a few minutes of driving I start to feel empty.

 Like I'm losing something followed by extreme pain. 

Mate.

Kaden angrily tries to force shift me before I gain control.

 I have only shifted a handful of times and only in Dire situations. Only a handful of people have seen my wolf any enemy that has seen it never lived to tell the tale.

 My wolf isn't like an ordinary alpha wolf , and for safety reasons no one outside of direct family can know about it. 

Calm down. 

I tell him earning, a growl in response.

 I slam on the breaks and do a quick u-turn Speeding to her place. Something flies through my windshield and out of instinct I catch it mid air so it doesn't pierce my neck.

 I growl and look through the hole trying to see who shot the arrow, I pull over and get out the car seeing someone sprinting through the woods. I can easily catch up with them but what about Rayna?... 

My wolf gets silent also unsure on what to do. 

Whoever the person was obviously intended to hurt me I won't let them hurt my mate

 "Please be okay Rayna. "

Rayna's P.O.V

  I hear talking around me and anxiety creep up making me shoot up opening my eyes.

 I instantly regret it as the light burns my eyes making me wince and quickly shut them.  

"Shit ." I hear someone mutter before the lights are dimmed

 "You can open your eyes now." A male voice says . 

I slowly open them and blink letting them adjust to the amount of light in the room. 

"Wow ...." I hear the same voice whisper making my head shoot up and I see a man that seems to be in his late 30's with  scrubs on.

A doctor

Taking in his appearance noticing he's staring at me I sit up quickly and back up against the wall.

Did they finally get rid of me? Are they trying to sell my organs???

 "No its okay! I didn't mean to scare you." He says softly. 

I shake my head closing my eyes and burying my head in my knees . Suddenly I feel his presence in front of me and I'm pulled into a tight hug and he rubs my head.

 "Dear Goddess what have they been doing to you."

 I hear him speak

After a minute or so he lets me go and sits in the chair next to the couch. 

"Well Rayna you've healed rather quickly but you've got a concussion so avoid so much moving." he says and I nod 

I'm a bit confused 

Who is he and where am I ? 

He must have realized what I was thinking.  

"Oh I'm pack doctor Brian but you can call me James." 

He says offering his hand. I hesitate a bit but shake it.  He doesn't seem like he wants to do me harm.

 But what's a pack? 

"You don't know what a pack is ?" He asks me looking shocked 

I think I said that out loud.

I shake my head and he mutters something under his breath that I didn't get to hear 

He then changes the subject . 

"How long have you had that tattoo on your leg?" He asks me 

"Tattoo?" I mutter out loud before looking at my leg seeing a strange symbol on that did resemble a tattoo but I've never gotten one. 

"Oh i got it earlier today"

 I say quietly examining it. 

It was a flame like symbol with the letter V going through it. 

We talk a bit more  before he examines me one more time and seems to be staring in a distance

 He says he has to go see another patient before almost bolting out the room. "Weird." I mumble staring out the window aimlessly as i fall to sleep

James P.O.V

That mark

The eyes 

It can't be a coincidence.

I think back to when the ex alpha made me come to the house of a rogue family trying to join our pack.

-------Flashback------
I walk in the house instantly hit by the smell of blood. 

I hear the alpha yell and follow the sound finding him and two others in the kitchen surrounding a unconscious  girl on the floor.  She doesn't even look 21 yet 

My wolf wants to come out and rip whoever did this to shreds.

 I Was going to let him have at it. 

 It was obvious that the Person responsible was the man standing across from alpha . 

"CONTROL YOURSELF DOCTOR." He says making my wolf growl inwardly having no choice but to comply.

"He's using the A command"

 we think to each other. I look at him shocked.

 Surely he can't be serious.

"You're going to save her and you will tell NO ONE of anything that has taken place understand." I growl as a response.  I don't care he's my alpha this is ridiculous! He growls louder at me forcing my head in submission .

" Fine." I mutter before picking up the girl gently and placing her on the couch beginning to aid her.

" What have they done to you?"I mutter quietly as the Ex-Alpha and 2 rogues walk out . 

I've treated her enough to stop the bleeding for some wounds that had seemingly re-opened. It was wrapped incorrectly and was at risk of being infected. 

It had clearly never been seen by A doctor which made me think. 

Has she been treating herself? The thought alone making my blood boil. 

Her temperature steadily began to rise and I realized I wouldn't be able to treat her here.

I have to bring her to the pack house . 

She's clearly human so theres A  chance I could be punished for bringing her to the pack house but if she isn't treated soon she'll die. 

I Grit my teeth at the thought picking up the limp body of the girl left in my care . 

I lay her down in the back seat on my car making sure to place things around her so she's stabilized. 

Without warning she lets out a blood curdling scream, her body getting colder by the second I'm in A state of shock when I notice A soft glow coming from her thigh area. 

"Goddess forgive me." I mumble softly lifting up her dress, not only did I find her legs to be littered with bruises, On her inner thigh was  A glowing Symbol similar to the one on the chest of our current Alpha however hers more intricate looking. 

What have I gotten myself into ...