Chapter 85

OH MY GOD!
This is an important chapter.
I'd suggest listening to this song while reading it. It gives me chills to be honest.
And now....
ENJOY!!!

"Because you are pregnant"

At first I felt nothing. I was numb. Void of any emotion. My mind didn't comprehend what was happening.

But then it hit me.

A little sigh escaped my lips. Everything I saw seemed to speed up while my own movements slowed down. The cold night air was now suffocating me. My hands trembled as a sinking feeling settled inside of me.

I felt my legs buckle as I fell on my knees. The feeling of dread consumed me. The pain wasn't physical. But I felt as though it was. I felt every single part of my body burn. Every molecul inside of me protested against the idea. Against the reality.

I felt nauseous. I felt as though my whole body was giving up on me. I felt disgusted my myself. How could I let this happen? How could I do this?

I felt anxiety creep inside of me. I was lightheaded. Numb. My breathing was rapid. I was hyperventilating.

Sentimentality got the best of me causing a single sob to escape me.
That single sob was continued with another one. And another one.

"No" A broken whisper was let out.

"NO!" I screamed at the blackness of the night. The tears unconsciously dwelled up in my eyes. My hands shoke uncontrollably as I tried to calm myself down.

"Y-You are lying!" I exclaimed in agony.

"Val, please calm down"

My mouth was sealed shut. She wasn't lying was she? I was pregnant. I was going to be a mother.

No, no. It wasn't supposed to happen this way. It wasn't supposed to be this way at all. I can't have a child. How can I have a child?

"You are a child" Sasha whispered.

I destroyed a life. Because of my mistake I will destroy that child's life. How can I be a mother? That child has done nothing. And I will ruin it all.

That child. The word dried down in my throat. How could I even say it? It wasn't that child. It was my child. My flesh and blood! Our pup. The result of our love.

Instinctively my hands went around my stomach. I was carrying a new life. I was carrying Ace's child. His child. I hugged my stomach protectively at the thought of something happening to my pup.

How could I miss this? How could I not notice. The constant vomiting. The sickness. The symptoms were in front of me yet I failed to see them.

I wasn't ready to be a mother. I could never be one. I simply can't do that. How could someone like me. A monster. A murderer be a mother? I am one of the most dangerous creatures on this planet.  I didn't even know how much I had to li-

The worst feeling in the world made my words die. My birthday. I didn't know what day it was. I didn't know how long I had left to live. For the first time in my life I felt scared. I felt scared for my own life. If I die I wouldn't have my child. I would never see Ace again.

No, I didn't want to die. I wanted to live. I wanted to have a life with my mate and my baby. I wanted to live!

"Why did you do this to me?" I screamed into nothingness.

"Why aren't you giving me a chance to live?" My voice broke.

"If you hate me so much then at least think about my kid! Don't let me pup die!" I growled in anger. The Moon Goddess has to hear me! She just has too...

The desperation was evident in my voice. I had to do something! I had to change this goddamned curse. I had to save our life's.

I would find a way to talk to the Moon Goddess before it's too late. I would do anything to save my mate and my child..

"How much do I have?" I voiced fiercely.

"Four days" Sasha whispered brokenly.

Great. Then I had only four days to get everything done. I had to Talk to the Moon Goddess. Save my mate. And murder some people...