TWELVE

Chapter twelve!

❞ It's hard to care about people when you're always afraid you might lose them

It's hard to care about people when you're always afraid you might lose them. Not caring is worse.

AURORA GAVE KLAUS A CONFUSED look. But shrugged it off.

"Strange, I don't recall any pixie dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure."

"The shade."

"What are you doing with mother's spell book?" Rebekah questioned, taking a pause from scrubbing the two hundred - years - old carpet.

Elijah tore a page from the book and folding it. "Well, in exchange for my freedom, I promised the witch Davina that I would share a few pages from mother's grimoire."

Rebekah gave him a look.

"It'll help her learn to control her magic." He claimed putting his blazer on. "Thought we began with a little unlinking spell.

"Wait you want to use her to unlink Hayley from Sophie Deveraux?" Rebekah stopped once again with scrubbing.

"Sophie brought us to this town under false pretenses. She doesn't just want us to take down Marcel and his minions. She wants to take Davina back. So she yoked her own 'cause to ours with magic, threats, and half -truths. Well, no more. As of now our deal with Sophie Deveraux is null and void. Niklaus I need you to come with me. I need five minutes alone with Davina. You need to make certain that I am not interrupted."

Elijah pointed to Aurora and Rebekah. "And you stay here and watch Hayley."

Aurora nodded, but Rebekah didn't. "How did we get elected supernanny's?"

The hybrid stood up from the couch. "Most importantly. Who put him in charge?" Klaus grumbled, walking out of the room.

"Ah!"

Aurora and Rebekah looked at eachother in alarm before running to hayley.

"What the hell was that?" Aurora asked.

"Hell if I know. It felt like I was being stabbed." Hayley answered.

She had a wount on her neck with blood on it.

"Witch business?"