Cros

RECAP:

Anya, Sebastian and Syn battled a vicious snow storm that caused them to separate as Anya flew off of the back of the bear and into the storm.

She wakes up, alone...

ANYA

The sun danced, high in the eastern sky, but it did nothing to warm my frost bitten limbs. I needed to find a place of shelter, and quickly, if I sought to survive my injuries. Thankful for the sun's position, I headed north, following the casted rays.

I winced with every step I took, bones ricocheting against frozen flesh. If I were a Firelander, I would have died hours ago. I would have frozen, entirely - an ice block of regrets.

I'd let go of Sebastian; I'd broken my promised. I could still see my hands slipping from his clothing as I screamed and fought against the wind. The pain radiating through my body would be sure to reminded me with every, antagonizing step.

Was Sebastian okay? Syn? Were the wolf cubs and polar bears beaten up? Had they made it through the storm in one piece? Looking around at the snow-cover plains, stretching onward for miles, one could assume how depressing my odds of finding them were.

I still wouldn't give up hope. People were counting on me to survive. Cora needed me, and I regretted every second of leaving her behind with Titus. And then there was Luca. Sweet, loving Luca. His willingness to be a martyr and stay captive to Queen Ika meant he trusted that we would return with the Winter Stone.

Every Icelander depends on us, I told myself, while barely trotting through the feet of snow. Every...single...Icelander...

The blinding white, blanketed earth began to blur, and my heavy chest burned as my lungs struggled to expand. I could no longer feel my limbs stretching and cracking as I walked. I barely recognized when I felt to my knees, staring out at the blur of white, blue and green.

My vision turned sideways, as I buckled face forward into the snow. I blinked back stinging tears, which happened to clear my vision enough to see a pair of feet stepping into view.

"Seb...ashhh...an," I called out, hoping his name actually reached my lips. I tried to lift my head, but darkness took me.

 I tried to lift my head, but darkness took me