Chapter Eight ~

I heard a knock on my door followed by a, "Your Highness, it's Judgment Day!"

I groaned and the door opened. Hoseok walked to the side of the bed I was on. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, Hoseok," I answered and sat up.

"Would you like me to send Taehyung in or would you like to wait a bit?" he asked.

"Send him in, I guess," I sighed and got up with the help of my servant. My legs felt wobbly from getting up so fast but Hoseok caught me.

He chuckled. "Your Highness, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied.

Hoseok smiled and walked outside my room to be replaced by Taehyung. The blonde was holding a long-sleeved dress the color of a ripe eggplant. The back had a black silk ribbon waiting to be tied.

"Still sleepy?" he asked.

I nodded my head. I wanted to pout and be a little kid but I remembered I was an eighteen year old queen. Especially since today was Judgment Day.

***

I took a deep breath and looked down at the floor. My crown slowly fell to my lap and Jungkook chuckled.

"Not used to wearing it, are you?" he asked.

I looked at the black metal decorated with purple stones to match my ring. My mother's crown was still in her room, protected by a glass case. I thought my crown was prettier.

My straightened hair slid out from behind my neck and hung in front of my face. Taehyung came to my aid from where he was standing beside Jimin and Jin on the far wall.

"Nervous?" He said as he fixed my hair and my crown. "You haven't done this for a long time."

I straightened up. "I am not nervous."

Judgment Day was where criminals of Aaliyah would come to the palace to state their crime and ask for forgiveness. It wasn't that hard except when little boys and girls came for theft or rebellious citizens would try to pick a fight. You either got sympathy or not, no in between.

Professor Min and Professor Kim walked in the big doors of the room. "They're here," they said in unison as they came up the stairs leading to my throne to sit behind me with Hoseok.

Jimin and Jin pulled open the doors and I could see the criminals make their way down the hall. My mouth went dry. Maybe I was nervous.

"You look pale," Jungkook whispered.

I gripped the arms of my throne. "I guess I am nervous."

"No one is going to hurt you," he said, patting the sword strapped to his left side. "They'll have to go through me first."

I nodded and looked at the jailer who stepped up in front of the crowd. He had a badge on that showed he was the main chief of the jails. "Your Highness, we have brought you the criminals who have not yet been judged."

"Bring them in," I commanded.

He bowed and grabbed a skinny female. Her fair skin was dirty and her red hair was stringy. He pushed her forward on her knees.

She looked at me, anger written all over her. Her green eyes shone with hatred as she smirked and spat at my feet. I noticed my guard popped his fingers.

"State your crime," I said loudly.

"I disobeyed the queen's law," she answered.

"How?"

"I set fire to an Aaliyahian flag." She laughed as if it were a joke.

"My, my, my." I shook my head in shame. "Why would you do that?"

"Because I hate the queen," she sneered.

I glared at her. "The guillotine."

"What?"

"The Queen orders you to die by the guillotine!" I ordered.

Two of the jailors who weren't high in their ranks grabbed her by the arms and pulled her back to send her on her way to death. The female only laughed saying it was worth it.

A male soon stepped up. He was awfully skinny and bloody gashes were deep in his legs. His skin was wrinkly and looked stretched in some areas. "Your Highness, please have-"

"State your crime."

"Uh, murder, Your Highness," he murmured. "I'm sorry."

"Who did you murder?"

"Your Highness, I'm sorry. Please forgive me," he begged.

I was getting impatient. "Who did you murder?"

"His name was Mark."

Hoseok looked down at me, wondering if I was thinking the same thing he was.

My heart stopped. "Last name?"

"Tuan, I think." He laid down, his arms outstretched towards me. "I'm sorry. So very sorry."

Tears pricked my eyes. "Kill him."

Jungkook looked at me. "What?"

"KILL HIM!"

Jungkook gulped and drew his sword. Hoseok looked down, for he hated the sight of blood. It had been two years since I had seen Mark. Was that why?

"Wait!"

Jungkook stood beside the man, his sword ready to slice through anything.

"How long ago?"

"A-A-About a year ago," the man cried. "I'm sorry."

I wondered why Mark never visited after I saw him that last day. I only saw his mother who died a little bit after I got my new set of servants.

"Why?"

"I-I-I was hungry and he had food," he wailed, tears flowing down his face. "He wouldn't give me any and I got angry. I didn't mean to kill him, I swear!"

My brow furrowed and I wanted to cry. He was so happy when I saw him. He had a light burning inside of him, causing him to brighten up a room when he walked in. But someone snuffed it out.

"Continue, Jeon," I said, my voice leaving as I struggled to fight back tears to keep my composure.

Jungkook bowed. "As you wish." He brought his sword up above the man. I closed my eyes as I heard the blade cut through the air and then skin.

"It's over," Hoseok whispered to me and I looked up to see the male gone, just blood in his place with Jungkook sliding his sword back in its holster.

The rest of the day went according to plan.

---

Poorly written but eh, we need the drama.

Unedited