Chapter 3: Missing Something

Hey,

I have just had a week of hell with four A Level exams. Not all went as well as i wanted them to.

Anyway, one more exam left and a new chapter,

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Chapter 3

                I woke up restlessly. I felt as exhausted now as I did last night. Tossing and turning all I night, all I could think of was my mum. Maybe, I was overreacting but it don’t know. Something was making me feel nervous. It was a feeling in my stomach and I knew something was off about all of this.

                Sitting up in my bed, I realised it was still only seven o’clock. Eugh. It is the weekend I shouldn’t be up before midday. I sat up and pushed my hair away from my face. Somehow I crawled out of my bed and went into my bathroom. I showered and changed knowing that there was no chance of me getting back to sleep now.

                I dried myself and my hair before pulling it into a plait that rested down my back. I put on some leggings and a Marvel Avengers t-shirt before leaving my room and going down stairs. My mum was still in bed so I made myself a cup of tea and toast before curling up on the sofa. The TV flickered into life as I waited to find something to watch. A Doctor Who re-run was on so I ended up watching that.

                My thoughts from last night were still running through my head. I didn’t like my mum not telling me something. I always wanted to be in the know. We were like best friends. I told her everything and I expected the same. Maybe I was wrong in thinking that. I sighed as I finished off the last of my tea and placed my empty cup and plate on the coffee table.

                I grabbed a pillow and snuggled into it as I curled up even more on the sofa. Stop it Anna! Overthinking things. Always being cautious. I always had been. Ever since I was a kid I had been cautious with friends, where I went and even where I lived. It was like it was ingrained into me as some safety mechanism.

                Just as I felt myself drift into the comfort of sleep, I heard my mum come down the stairs. I remained where I was too tired to move. I heard her footsteps move down the stairs and stop at the door frame of the entrance to the living room.

                “Anna?” She asked.

                “Mmm,” I replied groggily.

                “What are you doing up?” My mum asked as she walked into the room.

                “Couldn’t sleep,” I replied but it came out all muffled as I spoke into the pillow.

                “Why?” My mum asked, sitting herself on the edge of the sofa and looking at me.

                “Things,” I replied, avoiding properly answering her.

                “Why don’t you tell me? It might make things better?” My mum pleaded.

                “It’s fine. It is probably just me over reacting as always,” I replied, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

                My mum was quiet for a little bit as she took in what I had said. She looked at me curiously as she tried to judge what was totally up with me.