Taki's & Treats

Taki's & Treats

"Hey Kaelie, table for two?" Jace asked the faerie waitress at Taki's Diner.

"Hey Jace, hey Clary. There's a table for two over there." Kaelie said pointing over to one of the booths in the corner of Taki's. 

"Okay thanks." Jace answered pulling Clary by the hand over to the booth.

"I'll be over to take your orders in a minute!" Kaelie shouted back. Jace let Clary slide into the booth before he followed her wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Smoothly he picked up a menu with the arm outstretched over Clary and handed it to her. She scanned the menu and her eyes landed on the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger. Her mouth began to water and she decided that's what she wanted. 

"So what are you ordering?" Jace asked slipping a piece of Clary's hair through his fingers.

"A BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger with and Ice Tea, you?" Clary asked.

"That sounds amazing. I think I'm going to order that. When did my girlfriend become so good at ordering from Taki's?" Jace asked. Clary knew it was a rhetorical question but she couldn't help but answer.

"Because my boyfriend," She started poking him in his well toned abdomen. "takes me here to eat most days even if we haven't just run away from a blonde haired, blued eyed vampire."

"That's true." Jace said. Clary looked up at him and he was leaning closer into her lips. She started to bring her lips to his.

"Ahem." Kaelie said making herself noticeable. Jace and Clary turned to face Kaelie who was standing at the end of the table with a notepad and pen in hand. 

"Yes?" Jace asked in an annoyed tone. It always happened when someone interrupted them from having a moment.

"Two things," Kaelie said. She switched her pen from her right to her left where her notepad was. She raised one long finger which had fake red nails attached to them. "First don't use that tone with me," She raised a second finger. "What do you want?" She asked switching her pen back to her right hand. 

"We'll have two BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers and Ice Teas. Thanks Kaelie." Clary answered in a chirpy tone.

"No problem, Clary. I'll be back with your food soon." Kaelie said fixating her bright blue eyes on Clary, with a smile she turned and left. Her straightened long blonde hair swished as she walked over to the counter. 

"Where were we?" Jace asked turning Clary's face towards him. He pressed his lips to hers. It sent little shocks of electricity through Clary's body. The kiss was slow but full of passion, not like any other kiss Jace and Clary had shared before, this kiss was different. I was as if Jace was taking his time kissing Clary which hardly ever happened. He broke away after a few moments and stared into Clary's eyes. "I love you Clarissa Adele Fray Morgenstern Garroway Fairchild."

"I love you too Jace Wayland Morgenstern Herondale Lightwood." Clary answered. 

"No Clary I'm serious. I love you so much and I just wanted tonight to go well but then everything happened at the restaurant." 

"Jace I know but it doesn't matter I'm with you." 

"Are you sure?" Jace asked.

"Yes Jace I'm absolutely sure."

"Okay. Come on." Jace said getting out of the booth, holding his hand out for Clary.

"Where are we going?" Clary asked taking Jace's hand.

"I want to show you something." 

"Okay." 

"Now I've got your burgers and ice tea's." Kaelie said walking up to the booth.

"Oh, sorry Kaelie but me and Clary were just leaving. Here's a tip for wasting your time." Jace said handing Kaelie a few notes.

"What am I supposed to do with these now?" Kaelie asked as Jace and Clary walked towards the front door.

"No clue." Jace answered over his shoulder. He opened the door and Clary slipped through it. Jace followed and slipped his hand in hers. They walked down the pavements with Clary not knowing where she was going but she really didn't care. She was with Jace.