chapter 39

Omg!! One chapter left to go. Dedicated to devxde for being a supportive reader

"Kate you don't have to be nervous" Meng told me as the squad walked me to the gymnastics room. I learned that the cheer leaders and the gymnastics train in the same room and sometimes together.

Why?
Because it was beneficial to learn from each other. The cheer team learns more flexibility and flip stunts and the gymnastics team learn more swag and classical moves when they are in the dancing area of the competition.

Cool right?

"I'm not nervous" I glared at Meng.

"You'll be fine you'll flip the judges of their seats" she smiled patting my back.
We reach the door and jimmy massage my shoulders before telling me.

"Break a leg"

"No don't  break a leg"  Jade told me.

"Just kill it!" Mike yelled as I walked through the double doors.

If felt so long to be on the other side. The side where I will be judge weather I make it or break it.

"Name" The head cheer leader said. Her reddish brown eyes bore holes in my form.
I was leaning on the fat side but it's OK I was still fit.

"Katelyn page" I told them.

"Why do you want to be a cheerleader?" The teacher Mrs. Walker asked.

"I love Cheer leading, it has always been a passion of mine since I was young. Something magical happened when you made the first flip in the air or the flexibility to split" I smiled. "It's magical and amazing the look and feel you get from those watching and the look or feel you get when you're in it...it feels like love"

"Alright show us something" The gymnastics teacher Mr. Perron said.

I breath in the fresh air, a twinkle glisten in my eyes. Taking a foot back I leap a head.

~

"I feel great!" I told Meng jumping on her back.

"Awe!! You pig-princess" she yelled.
Meng couldn't curse to save her life. We were currently going to a new restaurant in town. It was a Jamaican restaurant that sells all things Jamaican even deserts and the best part was the ingredients were imported from jamaica.

"Why do I feel taking you to eat out would be bad for you?" Jade wondered out loud as she looked at me in my cheer leading uniform.
Meng and I was currently wearing our uniform. Unlike my old school it was a must to wear it every day.

"Mmh why do I disagree" mike wonder out loud as he stopped to look at my bum. 

I was in the cheer team  purple tights that has two piping going down at the hips.
'Pupil Private High school' written on the other leg in yellow. My shirt was a tight fitting box shirt that was also purple. 'PPHS Cheerleader' written on it.

All my curve was on display, even in my winter jacket, everyone stopped to look at Jade meng and I when we walked pass. Honestly this was the biggest size the cheer team leader could find. Jade was a very curvy latina and just about everything she model in.

"I can't wait to try the Devon house strawberry cheese cake ice cream" I excitedly yelled.

Mike walked to the front door and opened it. He was very handsome as well but I was too taken to notice.

"Oh sush!" Jimmy whined. "I feel so tired why is the parking lot so far"

Jade walked in first and blew a kiss at mike jokingly.

"My Highness" Mike joked bowing his head.
"Miky boy thank you for opening it first. God knows what could of happened" she faked in a British accent"
We all laughed as mike held the door for us.

We stepped in and I saw Luther sitting in a booth waiting for us. His feet was shaking and by his posture he was nervous.

Awe when did he become so shy?
He was meeting my friends for the first time ever. 

"Luther" I called walking over to his booth and my friends followed behind. All laughing stopped.

He stood up and smiled, I rushed into his arms and he hugged me preventing his self from tumbling over with me.

"How was school?" He asked.

"Fun!" I exclaimed looking behind me.

"What about you?" I asked and he groan.

"Same old same old drama" he told me. He relaxed as he gave me space to go in the corner of the booth.

He sat beside me and the squad fill in. It was three on each side.

Luther, jade and I  sat on one side and mike jimmy and Meng on the other side.

"So " Introduced. "I know I was telling you guys that you're going to meet my only friend" I said gesturing to Luther, "meet Luther, my boyfriend" I smiled.

Grasp was head from the corner of the table and I rolled my eyes, Meng.

Everyone except jade greeted Luther and I laughed remembering how similar the situation was with me.

"Don't worry about her" Mike told Luther  " she'll come around like all other stray cats"
We all laughed as soon as a waiter visited our table.
"Wa gwan FAM!" He greeted trying to sound Jamaican.
"Good" mike smiled. He had actually been here before.

We all ordered different things, laughing fighting and enjoying each other's unique personality.
I ordered the Jamaican sea crab curried with vegetables and Devon's house strawberry cheese cake ice cream. Luther order seafood pasta, with coconut water, Meng had curry goat with gungo rice and pease. She drank a Jamaican rum cream vanilla. Mike took the same as me but with round red beans and rice. He also took coconut water. Jimmy ordered a quart slice of Jamaican style black forest cake and chicken Alfredo pasta with water to drink. Jade take ackee and salt fish along with fried dumplings ripe breadth fruit and a thing they called bami.

We had a feast. We just eat out of each other's plate and everything was absolutely delicious. The mood was right.
Under the table I felt Luther held my hand as we laughed about one of Meng's horrible joke. She was drunk, now we know... No more rum cream for her.

"I'll be the black night" I spoke up taking the other half of her drink. I felt when Luther pushed a rim circular object in my hand. I smiled, thinking what I thought it was. He was pretending to be deep in meng's story but I could now see through his facade. He was shy, he was slowly turning red. I smiled just resting my head on his shoulder as I fumbled with the ring around my finger under the table.

This was fine Luther, it was perfectly fine.