25(Part 1)

I left.

Something I always do. It's what I'm good at and it's something I'm used to—leaving.

I ran until I couldn't run anymore. I needed fresh air and then some. I found myself in front of the campus administration building. I take a minute to catch my breath. I take the paper out of my back pocket and stare at it. I couldn't sleep at all last night for two reasons Chase and this paper. I didn't open the paper last night because I'm scared to see whose name is on it. At times like this, I wish Raven and I were still best friends or even friends. She would know how to cheer me up.

I stare at the paper for a few seconds before having the guts and courage to open it.

There it was in bold cursive handwriting.

"Raven?" This has to be a joke. She wouldn't dare do this to me. She knows how much PRCA means to me. Why would she be such a bitch? I toss the paper to the ground and I take off running to Slivermist dormitories. I reached my boiling point for the day and it was only nine-thirty in the morning. I'm feeling pretty reckless and I just want to smash everything in sight. I reached the building racing up the stairs—two at a time. I know everyone has a right to enter the program. However, I feel like she did a lot of sneaky things behind my back leading to this very moment.

"Open the fucking door!" I pound and kick. "Open the damn door, Raven."

I see red when she finally opens the door and I go in for the kill.

I pounce.

We fall to the ground hard; she gets more of the impact than me. I don't care what comes of this. She put everything I worked so hard for at risk. Hell, she might have been the one to send the Dean all those pictures of me. Now that I think about it, she never defended me when he showed me them if anything she called me a slut. For a fact, she had to have sent those pictures to get me booted from the competition, but that got me pulled into another mess. We go from pulling each other hair to throwing punches. Our screams drew a crowd of female students pulling us apart. I wanted blood and that's what I got. I look to see Raven's nose and lip bleeding. I lick my lips to taste my own metallic blood too. I'm going to rip her fucking throat out.

"What the hell is going on?" A girl holding me back asks, she is out of breath but isn't loosening up her grip on me.

"It's you who got me into this mess. How could you!?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" she tries to shake from the girl that is holding her back.

"You're the person who submitted the application for PRCA. Then you sent Dean Grey those inappropriate pictures of me. You've been trying to sabotage me this entire time. We were best friends. You could have come and told me you were going to enter. Why go behind my back and do those things to me."

"You would have never listened!"

"I'm not you Raven! I actually care about the people I make friends with. I would never..." I can't finish that sentence. "Fuck you, Raven." I shrug the girl off of me telling her I'm leaving. I must be a better actress than I thought because she let me go. I went back at Raven again, punching her right in the face. The girl holding Raven back let her go not wanting to get hit and I'm glad she did. All this anger inside of me had to come out one way or another.

Raven grabs me by the hair pulling swinging me into her computer table. My left side is in pain, but with all the adrenaline pumping through my veins I ignored it and knee her in the stomach, she hunches over and that was opening to catch her again. This time kneeing her in the face, she stumbles back and I reach for her but this time I'm pulled back with so much force, I thought I was being sucked into another dimension.

"Charlotte, what the hell is going on?" I look to see Valarie and another girl pulling me out of the room. "Charlotte calm down. What is going on?"

"Nothing. Just let me go."

"I'm not going to let you go. You're going to get in trouble if the RA comes and sees you two fighting. You can get kicked out, is that what you want?" She places her hands on her hips. "Is that what you want?"

"No. Of course not."

"So go. I'll do damage control here. Hopefully, we can spin a story, Eden will believe."

"Thank you," I tell her limping to the staircase. My side was in pain and I'm literally shaking. I want to turn around and go for another round. Lord knows Raven deserves it.

"Hey, Charlotte," Valarie calls out. I turn to look at her. "Don't thank me just yet. But once this is all done you and I will need to have a talk."

"Yeah, sure." I smile weakly, pushing the staircase door open.