Chapter Seven: Captured

I stared down at Glenn's makeshift drawing on the ground eyes narrowed.
"Go over it one more time," I sighed running my slightly shaking hand through my hair.
Sighing Glenn took his knife and went over the plan.
"So you and Daryl will be in this ally way, while Rick and T-Dog will be in an Ally two blocks up. So when I get the gun bag, if you and Daryl have walkers coming, I can won't have to rush into trouble, and I'll just go to Rick and T."

Nodding in approval Daryl suddenly asked, " Whatcha do before all this?"
Eyes narrowing Glenn responded, " Delivered Pizzas... why?"
Daryl only grunted in his response and we all went to take out positions for Glenn's plan. 

Standing in the ally way, I found my hands starting to shake uncontrollably. Shoving them in my pockets I walked over to Glenn.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" I asked noticing his shaky breaths. Glenn didn't answer at first but shrugged and looked over to me.
"No.... but we need those guns," he informed me.
A shake in the fence caught my attention, looking over I saw Daryl stabbing a walkers forehead.

"Roads clear now, you ready?" He asked.

Taking my hand out of my pocket I patted my friend on the back.
"If you want I'll do it. I'm faster than you anyways,"'I joked.
Glenn smiled, but I could tell it was forced.
"No, wouldn't want you to drop the bag with your nervousness."

As he walked towards Daryl who nodded at him, I stared down at my hand which was shaking worse now. Cursing myself under my breath, I shrugged my rifle off of my shoulder and let it fall into my hands. Staring down at it, I felt comfort flood my body, memories of my father and I hunting flooded my brain.

Looking up, I flicked the safety off and a small smile came upon my face. Taking my position behind my a dumpster I laid my rifle across it and took even breaths to calm myself down.

Mere moments later Daryl looked backwards and his eyes widened. He raised his crossbow up, and motioned me to turn around. Pulling my knife out I turned around to see a scrawny kid, well about a scrawny twenty two year old.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked.
"Who are you!? Why are you here?" He asked ignoring my question. Walking forward Daryl pointed his crossbow at his chest.
"I'm looking for my brother, he's hurt real bad ya seen him!?"
Without warning, the man shouted something loud in Spanish.
"Shut up!" I growled, " You're gonna bring all the geeks down on us!"

Once again the man didn't answer except continue to scream Spanish nonsense.
Daryl tackled the man ordering him to shut up, trying to cover his mouth. I glanced backwards hoping Glenn would come through the fence. But I only saw two other men, one with a baseball bat the other was muscular and twice the size of Daryl and I.

"STAY RIGHT THERE!" I ordered grabbing my rifle and aiming towards us.
"Woah, man put the gun down!" The baseball man exclaimed.
"Just turn around and go the other way," I snarled.

"You won't shoot, you'll bring all the geeks here more than his shouting."
"You wanna test that theory?"

We stood there for a good thirty second before Glenn appeared behind them.
My eyes widened and my hands gripped the rifle harder, my knuckles turning white.

The two men looked behind them and exclaimed, " THATS RHE BAG GRAB IT!"

Before I could react they attacked Glenn shoving him into the fence. Without thinking I ran forwards, not even considering it could be the death of me. The baseball man saw me and left his friend to deal with Glenn. He swung his baseball bat at me, which I lifted my rifle to block the strike.

The impact caused the rifle to fall to the ground. He swung again, and I barely dodged the impact of the metal baseball bat by leaping to the ground. He instead hit the dumbest and the impact echoed in the alleyway. Grunting in anger he swung again, and aimed towards my legs. I opened them up, and watched the bat hit in between them. Growling I swung my leg, kicking the bat away. I scrambled up and grabbed my knife and attached.

The man grabbed my arm with the knife, and threw us into a wall making my knife to escape from my grasp. Grabbing the mans shirt, I shifted our position throwing him against the wall. Snarling I sent my fist towards him. Unfortunately my fist never impacted with his face. As the man thrust his knee into my groin. I stumbled backwards and then received a punch to my jaw.

I fell backwards into the ground, my head pounding to see the two men escape the ally. Thought they didn't take the bag, they took Glenn, and jumped into a car that pulled up.
Scrambling to my feet I charged out of the alleyway my rifle in my hand. Aiming down the sights I evened my breathing and was prepared to pull the trigger.

"Daniel no!" Ricks voice shot out, " You shoot all the walkers in the city will be headed our way!"

Allowing myself to be led back into the ally kneeled down next to the gun bag, where a sheriffs hat, and Glenn's red baseball cap laid.
"They took him," I mumbled helplessly.

"Don't worry kid.. we got one of theres. And I'm sure he'll talk if he wants to make it through the next thirty minutes." Daryl spoke. I glanced over to him and saw he had his crossbow was pointed to the mans head.

"Oh he'll talk," T-Dog spoke picking my knife off the ground, " And then we'll get Glenn back."

Though I didn't share there confidence, as I fell backwards abasing the fence the shaking in my hands returning. I felt utterly helpless, as I had just let my friend get taken by a new gang of Atlanta.

Hope you liked the chapter. It's shorter then the others, but we were wondering. Do you want longer 2000-3000 word chapters or would you like shorter 1000-1500 chapters. Longer ones would cause the story to be shorter. But the shorter ones would prob mean more cliff hangers and longer verbal/ physical fights between characters. Plz don't be a ghost reader