Honesty

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ there will be heavy topics discussed in this chapter.Once again, this fanfiction is about depression and suicide-if any of these topics trigger you, I SUGGEST YOU TO STOP READING, PLEASE.

       It looked like Jungkook was...crying.

No. Jungkook couldn't be crying. It's one thing if I cry in front of Jungkook...but Jungkook used be my tormentor. Someone who used to hold so much power over me is now in a completely defenseless position.
And he's my friend again...I couldn't bear to watch my friend be in agony either. My soul would suffer if I saw that.

      But what if he didn't even want me to be in the presence of his pain? Should I go back to the bedroom and pretend I didn't see him? No, that would be too selfish.

       I'm just about to tap Jungkook's shoulder when he whips his head around.
      "Y/n, what are you doing here?" He asked. But he didn't sound angry. He just sounded...drained. Empty. Like he was at his breaking point.

         It was bizarre to see my ex-enemy in a deteriorated state. Especially since I've always viewed him as this emotionless, cold guy. But here, he looked so broken. His bloodshot eyes matched his bright red cheeks. His bottom lip was quivering. Jungkook resembled a tortured kid. Which he was.

     He turned away after noticing I was observing my face. "Sorry, it's just some allergies...nothing to worry about. My eyes always tear up from that."

     No, he's lying. As a professional crier, I can detect when someone is suffering. And Jungkook most definitely was.

        Jungkook wiped his face with his hands. He sniffles.
       "I also watched a stupid kdrama...you saw Scarlet Heart, right? Sadder than the titanic." He wipes his face more with his sleeve.

         "Don't worry, I'm happy." His voice shakes while saying so and he gives me a thumbs up.

          I place my hand on his shoulder.
         "Jungkook, I thought we'd start being honest with each other."

"But what if I don't want to be honest? What if it's better to mask your identity with lies?" He wept.

I gesture to his deteriorated state. "Clearly it's not better."

      He shakes his head. "It's really not..." Then, he sobs into his hands.

        I grab tissues from the dining room table and hand it to him. "Have you been doing this every night? You keep saying that you watch TV...have you been crying instead?"

       Jungkook nods. "Yeah...I've been bawling like a baby, lately. It's embarrassing to admit..I've never cried in front of someone for years..." he cleans his wet face with the tissues.

      "It's okay to cry in front of someone..." I sit down beside him on the couch.
       "It's not...it makes you really weak. I bet you think I look pathetic right now," he whimpers.
       "No." I shake my head. "Sure you're vulnerable, but you also look human. To be honest...I've never felt closer to you."

      Jungkook looks at me in disbelief. "Really?"
     "Yeah, who could imagine that the great Jeon Jungkook, could cry. I thought it was physically impossible."