•THIRTY-FOUR•KHENE•

Four month has passed. My stomach become bigger like I expected it to be. Damon was always there—Not leaving my side for too long.

"Sweetie, I'll be going for a while, I be back. I promise, I love you"

Damon said as he kissed my forehead before walking out of my apartment—Yes, We're staying here for almost four months. He didn't left but stay with me instead.

I rubbed my swollen tummy as I think of the future—Will I able to become a better mother? Father? I will never know but, I'll make sure that I would be the best parents for them.

While spacing out—I heard a knock on the door, with a cautious, I open it to reveal—A guy holding a little boy, His clothes were ragged and torn. He look like he was homeless until I recognized—

"Andy!"

He teared up from that name—I can see bruises on his arms and those dark patches on it. He smiled at me and whisper;

"Khene."

He whispered as tears fall in his eyes—The child that he was carrying started to tear up as his small arm try to reach Andy's face.

"Ma—Mama! Don't cry!"

His child sobbed— Andy continue to sob as he stuttered;

"K—Khene, I—I know this was embarrassing but, can—can I stay here for a while?"

He asked, feeling shy. I didn't hesitate to let them in as He put down his child on the counter while I decided to heat up the cake that was on the mini fridge since I forgotten to eat the rest yesterday.

I let them take a bath in my bathroom—And while they're settled. Andy stood over there—wiping his child with the towel that I lend them.

While waiting for the cake to be heated completely. Andy walked in the kitchen with a smile on his face.

"I—I'm sorry for leaving you alone, I—I'm just scared of what Giovanni did to me, I can't stand the way that he lied at me and kissing another woman, I—I didn't even have the guts to tell him that we have a child."

He sobbed. I was about to say a word until I heard a familiar voice.

"Is that so? Is that the reason why you leave me alone?"

We both look behind to see Giovanni on the front door—staring at Andy, furiously but pain can be seen through it.

THIRTY-FOUR