Blackmire Island (4)

Sya walked along with Zion as he led her back to the familiar roads back to his courtyard.  She walked with her head held up high and with a frozen mask covering her panicking heart as she walked deeper and deeper into the Demon’s Den.  
She could remember when she was first brought inside of Zion’s courtyard.  She was only five years old and had won her first fight.  Herl little hands were shaking as the blood stain dried onto her skin and made its way under her nails.  She had just killed her brother, who had the same sea blue eyes like her.  Her brother, who she never met.  Her brother, who tried to kill her as well.  

“You have done well, my child.”  Zion said as he opened his arms wide to hug the small child.  “You have done better than I could ever dream you could.  You are this Father’s star, you know that?  And one day, this will all belong to you, if you work harder.  Become stronger. Faster. Better than everyone out there. You understand?”  
Little Sya could only hear a high pitch noise ringing inside of her ear as she watched her Demon Father speak while patting her head.  

“Daughter.”  Zion said bringing her back to the present.  “There has been many changes since you were taken away.”  
Sya’s eyes flicked from one side to the other side.  She looked all around her surrounding s and kept every inch of the island in her memories.  Should she need to destroy the whole island to save herself and those she love.  She would need to know every hidden corner and every get away path to survive the odds against her.  

Even though Sya did not acknowledge Zion’s words, he kept on talking to Sya.  
“See those houses, it has been just built two summer’s ago.  And that,”  Zion pointed out to Sya, a water fountain that was running.  Inside of the water fountain was a statue of a small girl, as if walking on water.  Both of her hands were out to the side of her, with her palms up.  Water was spurting up from her small hands as if she was controlling it.  But what made Sya’s eyebrow crinkle and lose her cold mask, was that the statue of the little girl, looked just like Sya when she was five years old.   “Do you like it?  I had to kill several sculptors because they’re work was bad.  They could never capture your likeness, so I killed them immediately and hired a new sculptor.  It took me five years to finally find someone who could sculpt this statue to your likeness.  It was well worth it.”  

They stopped in front of the fountain to admire it for a while.  But all Sya could feel is disgust and rage.  What should she have expected from her Demon Father.  Life did not mean anything to him.  Life could be taken away at his own whims.  He can kill if he is bored.  He can kill if he is happy.  He can kill with every breath he takes.  No one life mattered to him.  If they weren’t strong enough to survive.  Then in his own mind, they deserved to die.  

She had to kill her own Demon Father to save the innocent lives that will die, should he keep on living.  Would his people support her, or would they be so scared and loyal towards him that they would attack her?  

“Come, let us go.”  Zion said as he held in his anger.  Not one word of gratefulness from his daughter.  Not one smile to let him know that she liked the fountain.  He made it for her and she did not show him any gratitude.  

Zion lead the way as the two of them walked deeper and deeper to the heart of the village.  Before Sya left, there were about 120 people who lived on the island. And that included servants, workers, and the Demon Forces. But now, it seemed to have doubled.  There were rows and rows of homes and paved roads.  It seemed like the little village has now become a small city on the island.  

Why does it look like the island got bigger.  Did the demon magic grow stronger within the seven years she was gone which made the island grow in size!?!  Does the island grow along with its population? Whatever the mystery is, all she could do is think about it and prepare herself for anything.