Chapter Twenty Two

Big thanks to @fikibae for the cover!

Chapter Twenty Two

Christmas ended up going by way better than I thought, and even Brendan called me later in the day to wish me a Merry Christmas. It was really sweet because I could hear his family in the background hounding him about calling me. Apparently he has two older brothers and it really showed during the call.

Now I'm back at the coffee shop and working alone. Casey is still in Florida and Jordyn is with Iris at Iris's house until the New Year, which is tomorrow.

I'm glad to be back here though, because being with my family, although not terrible, was overwhelming. And now Alex contacts me pretty much everyday.

Diana decides to close the shop around two because we haven't gotten any customers since this morning. I go straight to the apartment after and shower, then change into a pair of leggings with the Colombia sweatshirt I got from Alex and her husband. along with some cozy socks.

I make an all night long date with the living room couch and the tv, watching a couple of movies before the New Year's Eve show comes on.

When it does, I stay up, and right before midnight, Brendan video calls me.

"I couldn't let you be alone on New Year's!" He exclaimed when I answered. I can't help but smile and he does too.

We count down together and when it's over and the people in Times Square on tv are singing, I wish him a Happy New Year and he does the same for me.

We stay on the phone for a while, but I eventually grow too tired to stay up any longer and we end the call with me practically passing out on the couch, just barely turning the tv off before I do.

I can't believe he called, it really means a lot that he thought to when he could've just celebrated with his family.

Ugh, what is he doing to me?