TWENTY SIX

Alondra woke up but not by the usual ray of sun of her face but by the sound of one of her favorite songs playing downstairs. She put on her slippers, still wearing one of Sebastian's shirt and walked downstairs to be greeted by not only Aaron, but her friends.

"WELCOME TO YOUR BABY-SHOWER!" They all yelled at once, making Alondra's face lit up with joy.

Among Aaron were other friends of her, like Nicky but also friends from Spain and South America like Yon González or Elena Furiase. There were also friends of Sebastian that she considered hers like Chris, Scarlett, Elizabeth and more. The house was decorated with baby stuff all over it and it had a cake in the living room with a mini pregnant her and a mini sebastian.

"You guys, oh my god," Alondra's hands went up covering her mouth in surprise. "You all came here."

"Claro, eres como nuestra hermana pequeña," Elena walked towards Alondra, embracing her in a tight hug.

"We know you miss Sebastian terribly," Elizabeth started and everyone looked at her. "But Aaron came up with the idea of doing this since you haven't had a baby shower yet and we can be here for you, give you all the love in the world."

"This is beautiful," Alondra let go of Elena and hugged Aaron. "Thank you."

"Anything for my girl," he said embracing her tightly before letting her go.

The rest of the day was filled with just pure joy. It went from games like popping the balloons by pressing stomachs together, to eating a cake Alondra absolutely adore. They had a time where they all sat down, Alondra opening gifts that everyone had bought for her and the baby. Aaron and Nicky would ultimately bring the gifts to the nursery, fixing it to her pleasing. By the end of the night, everyone was downstairs talking while Alondra was sitting on her bed, checking her phone to see any updates from Sebastian. A knock on the door caught her attention.

"Can I come in?" Alondra nodded at the realization it was Aaron, to which he went to sit down next to her. "Why are you here all alone?"

"Can you be happy but sad at the same time?" Alondra asked while putting her phone down, looking at Aaron.

"From a scientific point of view, I don't think so babygirl," he answered. "But I know it can switch fast, especially on you. Now, what's bothering you?"

"I'm happy, you know?" She sighed, her hands playing with one another. "I have a great house, a baby coming, friends like you that make this beautiful things for me, and I have a husband who loves me so much he's trying to do anything to fix us."

"But," Aaron started off, but she didn't follow.

He looked at her, looking at her very tired smile and the way she played with her hands. Something was off and he knew it, he knew her as if they were twins.

"You remember when we were casted for the first movie we worked together on?" Alondra looked at him confused. "I remember the director asking if you could cut your hair and if you were okay doing nude scenes, you said you were fine but you were more worried about your hair. Everyone thought that was crazy. You were, and still are, this crazy ray of sunshine on everyone's life you touch."

"Why bring this up Aaron?"

"Because I know that something is bother you. Maybe you won't tell me, and that's fine. But you will tell Sebastian because he will get it out of you. But no matter what it is, I want you to keep being that crazy ray of sunshine we all need, that the baby needs."

They stayed quiet after that, Alondra head leaning against his arm, resting on it.

"Do you think I will be a great mother?" She asked out of nowhere.

"I think you will be a beautiful mother, babygirl," he said looking at her. "I know you're scared, but you won't be like her. You won't be like your mother. You gotta let that go love."

Alondra nodded softly at his words, and her soul was so tired of the endless questions she soon fell asleep. Aaron placed her comfortably on bed, going back downstairs to let everyone know she was asleep. Soon after people where gone, and the house was just as quiet as it was supposed to be. Aaron talking to his kid over the phone, talking to Amelia and updating her on Alondra. But that was as much noise as the house had, not a call from Sebastian was made that night like a routine. And there wasn't an Alondra to pick up the phone either.