Chapter Four

While I had given up, Ward started to smack his gun into the wall. His face turned into a flurry of anger and fear. He kicked and punched the door, taking out more rage on it than actually trying to escape. I put my hand gently on his shoulder. He stopped mid-swing and looked at me.
"Ward, it's no use. We're trapped." I was shocked to hear myself turn to the worst, but I had to. Coulson, Simmons, and I were usually the optimists on the team. Ward, Fitz, and May always mentioned the worse possible outcome. Here, I was being the pessimist.
"But Coulson, without intel, May and him are gonna be trapped too." He smashed his fist into the door once more. I flinched at the terrible sound. I couldn't believe what we had gotten ourselves into.
"It's my fault," I muttered to myself. Ward heard me though, and turned towards me.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"If I hadn't wanted to touch that computer, this wouldn't have happened. It was probably a trap." And maybe that screen was just stalling us from getting out. I tightly closed my eyes, but it popped up in my head. Like something that couldn't be erased. I sighed, looking down. I felt Ward step in front of me and I looked up. He was smiling sadly in front of me.
"Skye...if you wouldn't have tried that computer, nothing would have changed. We would still be trapped here, and it would be the same. The computer couldn't have been rigged, I checked."
"Ward..." I trailed off, realizing something else. "Ward!" He looked puzzled, the smile being replaced with a confused frown.
I ran to the computer, shaking the mouse. The screen had gone black, but the code lock popped up. I started to type in "Ward", but then I stopped. I stepped away from the computer. I saw Ward coming over to question my strange outburst.
"You have to type it in." I pointed it the screen.
"What am I typing?" he asked.
"Your name."
"But there's only four spaces..."
"You last name, Ward." He nodded and turned the computer. Without hesitation, he typed in his four letter last name. A completely white screen popped up. I thought it would have something on it-
"No! No!" Ward's face contorted. He lunged at the computer, trying to break it. I ran between him and the screen, holding out my arms in front of me. It was just like me, I was the only one who could see what it said because I typed it in. Now Ward, having typed in his own name, saw something that he obviously didn't want to. Fear took me over, where anger took over him. It took him a second, but he turned his head. He paced away from table, leaving me there to question out next plan.