Chapter 19

This is what I imagine Paige would look like.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was looking at the paper with the most confused face I have ever made.

I was categorizing a ton of paper reports and this one did not belong in anything.

I took one last look at it slowly, and for sure there's a mistake in the middle.

I'm peeved, I wasted five minutes of my life looking at this stupid paper and there's a mistake!

I ignored it and placed it aside until I can fix it.

After Mr. Reid dropped me off that night, things went back to normal and we ended up in a steady routine.

I've been working for him for two months now and honestly I feel great.

I'm constantly tired but whatever.

Leo left two weeks ago because he couldn't handle being away from Natalie for so long, but he promised to call mom twice a week like me.

And her response to his promise was dramatic as ever.

Flashback

"Oh! Be like your sister! She promised to call twice a week but she forgot and didn't answer when I called! You do the same then!"

"Mamá, don't worry, I won't be as reckless as my sister"
I glared at him and he just gave me a smug smile.
"I hope you won't" he huffed.

We all ended up hugging at the airport except for Nina, who he only shared a curt nod with.

I slumped on my office chair and closed my eyes, I didn't sleep well last night for some reason.

I was thinking about what Mr. Reid said, how I'm tempting him unintentionally (which I started to wear more clothes because of it).

And I came to the conclusion if he tries anything, I'll hand in my letter of resignation and quit.

I don't want to change my work environment but if I'm forced to then there's always taking up Vick's offer to work for his company.

I put on my earphones and just scrolled through my phone and blindly chose a song.

Gorgeous by Taylor Swift came up.

I started singing to it softly.

"You're so gorgeous
I can't say anything to your face
'Cause look at your face
And I'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way

But, what can I say?
You're gorgeous

You should take it as a compliment
That I'm talking to everyone here but you

And you should think about the consequence
Of you touching my hand in the darkened room

If you've got a girlfriend, I'm jealous of her
But if you're single that's honestly worse

'Cause you're so gorgeous it actually hurts

Ocean blue eyes looking in mine
I feel like I might sink and drown and die

You're so gorgeous
I can't say anything to your face
'Cause look at your face
And I'm so furious
At you for making me feel this way

But what can I say?
You're gorgeous"

I was pulled out of dreamland by a throat clearing.