Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen – Video Calls.

Kaden Reid's P.O.V.

I park in an available parking space at the college Luna attends, killing the engine just as my phone rings. Fishing it out of my pocket, I smile when I see that Aurora is video calling me. Accepting the call, I hear Aurora telling the twins to calm down and sit.

"Uncle Kaden!" Ivan yells in excitement, the camera zoomed in on his mouth because of how close he's holding the phone.

Ayla and Ivan turned four this year but, they are growing much faster than regular pups. Vulcan remembered that his parents told him that he had grown quicker because he was a hybrid and now that the twins have both his and Aurora's genes, they would not be like ordinary wolf pups.

There is no telling what dominant gene each twin will receive until they are much older. The twins can form perfect sentences most of the time, with an occasional stumble here and there when they confuse their letters.

"Hey buddy, where's your tooth?" I frown, greeting Aurora when she takes the phone off him.

"Came right out when riding his bike too fast down the driveway." Aurora sighs worriedly, making me smirk.

Ivan is an adventurous kid, much like Vulcan's brother, Alexei. He often comes back home with multiple injuries that causes his mother to nearly have a heart attack. Ayla is calmer and prefers to read as many books as possible within a day and play with her dolls. She has her father wrapped around her little finger.

"Hi, uncle Kaden." Ayla waves sweetly, a colouring book and a purple crayon in her hand.

"Hey, princess. What are you colouring?" I grin, waving back at her.

"A turtle. Look!" She exclaims as she climbs on top of Aurora's lap and holds the book too close to the camera.

"There we go, honey. Isn't it a nice turtle, uncle Kaden?" Aurora asks in a warning tone, daring me to point out the actual colour of turtles.

"Yep. You nailed the colour of the turtle, Ayla." I try to keep in my laughter, Ayla's attention focused on something else now as she hops off her mother's lap.

"Ivan! Where are you going?" Aurora frowns as I sit there listening, forgotten momentarily.

"Outside to play with Knox." He shouts back, referring to Vanessa and Indigo's son, and I assume he's by the front door.

"Step foot outside the door without a helmet and I'll ground you." Aurora threatens making me choke on air.

"No, I'll look like an idiot." He whines, making his mother's glare intensify.

"Shall I get your Dad?"

"I'll put it on! Don't call him!" He yells in a scared tone, the camera showing him running up the stairs to his room.

I can't stop laughing loudly in the confines of the car as Aurora turns the camera to herself. She shakes her head and I can see the smug smirk on her lips.

"A helmet?"

"That boy has two left feet, I'm not going to risk it." She huffs, smiling softly when Ivan kisses her on the cheek, yells goodbye and runs out the door. "What are you up to today?"

"Nothing, just waiting for Luna outside her – oh...shit." I mutter as Aurora's piercing shriek filters through the speakers.

"Luna!? As in, you found your mate?!"