Achievement

I was stressed as shit after two weeks of studying/working for my bar exam. Noel, Chloe, and even the guys at my station had been helping me study. JoJo and Chanel had also been texting me a few questions to help out. I had laid the foundations of knowledge now all I had to do to ace a six-hour long test that has been placed in front of me with at least an 820 out of a thousand, and I'd have a guaranteed job at Ozman and Richards making sixty thousand my first year. I was scared as hell because if I failed I would be stuck with fifty thousand in debt making thirty-five thousand a year as a firefighter.

"Begin," one of the facilitators said, and I began moving on autopilot knowing that with every answer I was sealing my fate...

Twelve whole weeks was the amount of time that I had to wait for the results. Ten weeks of stress and talking myself up as well as down. Ten weeks of me checking my computer to see if the scores were released early despite that never happening in the past.

"Oh my God," I heard Noel shout from his living room. I jumped off his bed and walked to his living room which Chloe was packing up so she could move her stuff from storage inside.

"I got approved, they are going to let Amar live with me," He said with tears of joy in his eyes. He had been busting his ass to get Amar out of the orphanage he was being kept at since he was released into the states care six weeks ago. Everyday Noel would go up there to see about him, make sure he had food, clothes, and just hung out with him. I'd gone down there about twice a week and gotten to know the little dude and had to admit he had a fantastic, joyful personality. Always happy and always wanting to play board games or watch television.

"Congratulations, now can you help me pack so I can move my stuff in, well after I paint in here," Chloe said having been back on her feet financially speaking for a few weeks now. I walked over to Noel and kissed him, "Congratulations."

"Thank you, now go check your results," he told me with a raised eyebrow. I turned around and went into the room where my computer was still sitting on the bed. I clicked the mouse pad and navigated to the results page using my information to log into the website where the number nine hundred and twenty-seven was next to my name.

"I fucking passed," I shouted jumping up and down on Noel's bed like a kid. Noel walked in and smiled at me before climbing on the bed himself and jumping into my arms kissing me.

"Congratulations Austin, you worked really hard," He said then gave me another kiss.

"Congratulations Austin now back to work," Chloe said walking into the room with a fresh box. That ended the celebration, and we were back to packing up the rest of Noel's stuff to move into his new place.

"Hey they said I could get him today if he has his room set up by five," Noel said after a half hour to us, and it was like a fire was lit under our asses. We were moving at a run breaking a few things, but Noel didn't seem to care as his primary focus was getting Amar. We packed all of his stuff in under two hours then called the movers to pick the boxes and gave them his new address. We both went to our cars, and I followed behind him as he drove to his building. I saw my office building not too far from Noel's place which I should be working in next week. It would be sad saying goodbye to my firefighting buddies, but it had to be done. Pulling into the parking lot, I jumped out my car and caught up with Noel who was already directing the movers. I liked seeing him take charge and give orders it turned me on. He was working up a storm in what was going to be Amar's bedroom while I made sure the movers didn't break anything while they unboxed stuff. By four thirty Noel had completed Amar's room, and I had placed most things away in the kitchen.

"Holy shit, I'm about to be someone's parent," Noel said to himself. I knew him well enough to know that he was freaking out, so I walked over to him and bombarded him with kisses.