32. Sketch

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:
SKETCH

- Jihee -

That scar in his face was what I could never forget. I could not get the sketch of the kidnapper and his face out of my mind at this moment. I remembered how the memories took me back to that cold night when I was explaining every detail to the artist. 

The ride back home was all about the silent and a few moments of the two chatting with each other in the front seat. Samuel and Namjoon. I chose to be alone at the back and try to distract my mind from the flashbacks. I was getting a hard time doing so.

I looked around and try to find something that would help my mind occupied. The idea of looking out of the window did not help at all.

A person. Kim Namjoon. It was all awkward between the two of us since last night. I hated the idea of him following me around everywhere. I could understand it was his job to do so but this whole idea was just disturbing. It felt like I could not do anything without having an eye on me.

Just like that, I was back to the thoughts of the kidnapper and his sketch.

"We're here."

That was one hell of a long ride which had me nearly suffocated.

"Take care of yourself."

Samuel left.

I walked ahead with the police guy following me from behind. I sighed and waited for him to reach me but he still stayed behind me. I stepped back and looked at him. "Are you a police officer?" I tried to start a conversation in a great way.

"No, I'm a criminal."

Those words made me flinch and unnoticeably step away.

"What?"

He laughed.

"I joined the duty a few months back and this is a part of my training. I guess I'm a police officer, " he showed me his police ID card.

That was a stupid question, I agree, but the criminal part got me. I could still feel my pounding heart as I exhaled in relief. Damn, that was cute and that smile was sharp as a knife to kill a person.

"Sure, criminal."

"JIHEE!"

I recognised the voice.

"Jimin?" I whimpered.

I froze in the very position as I heard footsteps running towards us. I planned to run into the house but I could already feel a warm hand over my shoulder which lasted only for a second until it was replaced by cool air.

And I turned around.

The officer was standing between the two of us.

"Who the hell are you?"

"He's a police officer, " I blurted out.

I noticed his hands form into the fist but I could not let him get into any trouble. "Can you please leave us alone for a moment?" I asked the officer and it caused his fist to loosen.

"I was instructed to keep you safe," he refused. "Especially from you, Mr. Park Jimin."

"What am I? A criminal?" he raged.

"I need to talk to him, " I pleaded again.

"Fine. Ten minutes. I'll be watching you, " the officer walked a bit far from us, giving us space.

"You were gonna hit him? You could have gotten into serious trouble–"

I got cut off when his hands suddenly grabbed mine and I noticed him checking that one finger. I had no idea how he concluded I was engaged but I could see he was relieved finding no ring. I could see the officer watching us closely.

"I-I saw the ring in his finger that night in the restaurant but I couldn't see yours. I thought you two were together, " he stuttered.

"We were."

"I'm sorry to hear that. But why is the police at your house? Is everything okay? I-I miss you. Where were you all this time? For two fucking years. Why'd you leave me like that?"

"I think you know that better than anyone else, " I detached my hands from his and scoffed.

"I love you."

I was taken aback for a moment.

"You think I'd believe you?"

"No."

There was a time when I was so desperate to hear those words from him. My head started flooding with all the memories I had with him. Good. Bad. Everything single memory. But that time has passed now and those words meant nothing to me anymore.

It just hurt me thinking about the past.

"I waited for you so long that evening but you never came. I was gonna confess to you, " his eyes were teary.

"Confess what? That you were banging another woman? Have you got no clue what had happened to me? Because I do remember the name he told me that night—"

"That's it. You can leave now, " the tall guy walked between us and escorted me towards the house.

"What? Who? What had happened? What do you remember? You didn't tell me why is the police here? I know something wrong here."

I ignored him and walked into the house, straight to my room before letting the tears I had been holding to roll down. I cried my heart out. At some point, I felt like I did a mistake coming back here.

I wished I could completely wipe him out of my memories.

"Are you okay? You have a call."

A few knocks and a voice spoke softly behind the door. I prepared myself and walked out. The call was from an unknown number, which had myself doubt if it was from him since I blocked his other number.

"I'm speaking from MS & Co. Is this Ms. Lee Jihee?"

"Yes, " my face lightened up.

"Congratulations, ma'am! You've been selected for the job. We're expecting you visit us tomorrow for your appointment and discussion related to the initial training we agreed upon, " those words completely changed my mood.

"Thank you."

I jumped in excitement and hugged the very next person to me.

"Congratulations ma'am! You know I'm gonna be going with you, " that sentence from him made me immediately break the hug and frown.

"NO!" I refused as if I had a choice.

"Yes, ma'am. " He grinned.

"No, criminal."

"You've got no other choice, ma'am."

••••••••••

"I'm alive but I don't feel like it without you"

••••••••••

It's been so long that it took double the time to write this chapter. I hope you guys liked it. Thank you for reading! And stay safe, everyone.

Also, thank you for 5 million reads!