19. Unexpected Reaction

To say that he was shocked would be an understatement for what he was feeling right now.

The word shocked seemed very little to describe what Ateeb was feeling. He was feeling, angry, happy, frustrated all at once.

"How...when...who..why!?" We're the words he could say.

"Bhai, you used all the W, H questions, please stick to one so that we can understand what exactly you're trying to ask." Falak said smiling at him.

"What exactly is This?" His question made Mehek nervous beyond description.

"Its your engagement to be precise!" Said Kafeel.

"My engagement!? What?" Ateeb was literally shocked beyond belief.

"As far as I reckon I was never asked or least informed about any proposal!" He asked with a confused yet serious face. Ateeb's questions were making everyone nervous and panicked including Mehek, but Falak definitely knew what had to be done.

"Dad! It seems like bhai is not happy with out surprise, maybe.." Falak was cut off by Ateeb.

"Surprise!? Falak, it's more like a shock.!" Everyone were now completely panicked, Mehek was at the verge of crying out loud. But Adal, Zaryab and Falak seemed calm along with Kafeel, who was Falak's partner in crime right now.

"Ateeb! What exactly are you Shocked about?" Asked Kafeel with an emotionless face.

"Dad!! I never once knew that....!" Ateeb held his head in his hands.

"I think he is really really, not happy about this proposal dad, if only we knew!" Falak heaved a dramatic sigh.

"I'm so so sorry Sufiyan." Kafeel turned towards Sufiyan and winked at him, without anyone seeing him.

"Wait! What? Sorry?" Ateeb was shocked at the sudden changes of words between Mehekand his dad.

"Sorry for what Dad!"

"I'm so sorry son! You're right! I should've asked your consent. I should have informed you about this proposal, at least we would have been saved by this humiliation we are facing right now." He said with a fake sad face.

"Wait, dad what are you saying... I never meant it like that..." it was now Ateeb's turn to be panicked.

"You don't want to be engaged! I understand! It's too much to take in all of a sudden, but we can't let people return back to their homes just like that.... a few of them might create untolerable gossips about Mehek and I certainly don't want that...."

"Dad, what are you talking about?" Ateeb wanted to smash his head on the nearest wall.

"I'm so sorry Sufiyan.!"

"Its ok Kafeel bhai! We can understand! No need to be sorry about anything!" Said sabura with a small smile, at first she was a little panicked but when she saw kafeel winking at Sufiyan she understood this was just a prank on Ateeb.

"Can i say something!" Asked Yawar Aslam, who was now standing beside Falak.

"I would be very much happy if you now accept my son's proposal for..."

"Oh no no no no... not possible!" Everyone now turned to Ateeb who was shaking his head at all of them.

"Ateeb! Don't worry son, we're not forcing you to do anything, I think It's best if Zaryab does the ring ceremony....." He was cut by Ateeb's sudden action which shocked every one.

"Ateeb you just did not do that." Tehreem could not believe her eyes, Mehek was shocked too.

Hi beautiful people

A very short chapter with a cliffhanger it seems,

Let me know your thoughts about it. And please do vote too

With love,
Kiara💞