Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Today's terrorists are not just those who hide their groups from the mountains, hunt animals for their food, and camp their lives in the wild while fighting for their own beliefs.

Karamihan na sa mga terrorista ngayon ay may mga sinasabi na sa lipunan. May kani-kanila nang matataas na posisyon mula sa iba't ibang larangan na hindi man lang nalalaman ng gobyerno. They now dwelled with the civilians with their identity hidden, but always ready to strike an attack.

When we arrived in this country and witnessed how people were devastated after an earthquake, learned how this place lacked helping hands, and people would see a simple gesture as a glimpse of hope, even in this tough situation, as someone who used to observe a lot, I already noticed there were something else.

At my young age, I've already seen enough— the horror of life, the nightmare of every family member away from her home, and endless tears shed by humans in every calamity. My eyes couldn't be deceived anymore.

Nanatili pa rin nakatutok sa akin ang baril ng babaeng terorista, habang ganoon din ang baril ni Peter sa kanya.

"I said—" the woman didn't even finish Peter's warning. Her hand was trembling when she put her gun on the ground.

Nabaliktad ang sitwasyon namin. Siya naman ngayon ang nakataas ang dalawang kamay sa ere, pero nanatiling nanlilisik ang kanyang mga mata sa akin.

"From the start, I know that you were a pest," the woman sharply said.

I grinned. "And I think I've pestered you enough."

Naupo na ako sa ibabaw ng kahon at pinagkrus ko ang mga hita ko. "You bitch!"

"Uhuh?"

I was waiting for Peter to interrupt, but he let me do this little transaction.

"You two do really love the spotlight, are you? Do you think you'll get anything in this poor country?"

Hindi na ako nagulat sa sinabi niya. Even the president asked the same question. What should I expect? This is how life works. Most people nowadays expect something in return, every time they make goodwill. And this kind of motivation is not new to everyone.

"We don't need anything. The lives of the people are already beyond everything."

She laughed. "Foolish!"

To mock her, I laughed with her. Natigil siya sa pagtawa dahil sa ginawa kong iyon. "Oh, why did you stop? That was funny, right?"

I don't know how Peter could bear this situation, since I knew how he prefers physical combats to women's word fights, but I had to do this. He knew I had to do this.

"You're foolish," ulit niya.

"How about killing the lives of the innocent? That is beyond foolishness, babe."

"You don't know anything."

I jumped off and walked slowly towards her with my arms crossed. I leaned my face closer to her. "Tell me, where is the president's daughter?"

Her mouth hangs open. "T-that president! They will kill his daughter!"

"Oh? Are you not aware of your situation right now? If they killed the president's daughter, we're going to kill you. A life for a life, or would you like to negotiate? We'll spare your life and we're willing to cover up everything for you."

She laughed. "Lies! Why would I believe you?"

Peter's brows creased when he heard my words. I know that it wasn't part of our plan, but I should take the risk. Nangako ako sa presidente na ibabalik ko nang buhay ang kanyang anak.