Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen – Picnic.

I feel warm and fingertips trailing over my cheek, down the curve of my neck before a hand rests on my waist. I sigh in content before opening my eyes, greeted with the handsome sight of Kaden Reid this morning.

The curtains have been pulled back so there is light in the room, making me groan and roll over. I hear him laugh and pull on the blanket as I try and cover my head with it, mumbling at him to stop before I give up and place a pillow over my face.

I'm just about to fall into a deep sleep again when I feel the bed jostle and Kaden hovering over me, turning me so that I lay on my back with his legs on either side of me. I blindly reach out to grab the pillow that he has taken off me, huffing and opening my eyes when I don't find it.

Kaden is grinning down at me cheekily and it only makes me frustrated when I remember that he likes to get up early instead of sleeping in like me. I close my eyes with a soft sigh before squealing when I feel him attacking me with kisses. He presses soft kisses to every inch of my face before I push him away with a laugh just as he's about to kiss my lips.

I open my eyes to see him pouting which makes me giggle. He smiles before getting off me to stand by the bed, telling me that he'll start on breakfast while I can take a shower if I want. Once he's gone, I lie in the bed for some time before finally getting out.

My feet hit the cold hard wood and I shiver, walking over to my duffel bag in the corner and taking out the outfit I had packed. I grab my toiletries bag before making my way into the bathroom down the hall. I shower as quick as I can, washing my hair and body before stepping out and drying myself with a towel Kaden had left for me.

After changing into my blue denim boyfriend jeans, a grey top with a long, dark green cardigan, I put on my white converse before grabbing my things and exiting the bathroom. I walk back into the bedroom and place my things into my bag before tying half of my hair up so that it wasn't in my face whilst it dried.

I make my way downstairs to the smell of food, seeing the table already set and Kaden bringing over a large bowl of baked beans. I thank him for making breakfast, grabbing orange juice from the fridge before joining him at the table. There's baked beans, hash browns, eggs, toast and bacon which makes my stomach growl in hunger. Kaden chuckles and we dig in immediately, talking about what we were going to do today.

He tells me he needs to meet Rico at the twins' place and we can go into town after if I want. I agree, telling him I need to pack my luggage for tomorrow anyways. We finish the rest of our breakfast over small chatter, before I wash up whilst he protests. I counter it with the fact that he washed the dishes this morning from last night's dinner, so it should be me this time that cleans up.

After that I grab my things from upstairs whilst he changes before we get into his car and drive off towards the city. The scenery passes by as I gaze out the window, Kaden's hand curled around my thigh as he drives. Heat emanates onto my skin and tingles dance in joy as he rubs his thumb across the denim material of my jeans.

Around forty-five minutes later, Kaden drops me at my place before driving away to Owen and Axel's house, saying that he'll come back for me around three in the afternoon. I get started on packing my suitcase with clothes, shoes and other essentials.

I make a mental note to take some time out when I'm back in Amsterdam to go Christmas shopping for everyone. Although I have bought some things for my parents and my brother from Berlin, I still have some other things on my list.