My Idiot Husband

Hello there guys, I realized this is kind of OOC for all four characters! ENJOY!

"Bloody hell! Just shut up already! All you ever do is talk, talk, talk. You're making my ears bleed!"

Astonished, Hermione closed her mouth. In their two years of marriage, he had never burst out at her like this. All she wanted to know how his day went. Sure, she may have rambled a bit too much in the beginning, but that wasn't it, was it? She bit her lip and looked out his office window.  After all, she only wanted to have a civil conversation with her own husband. 

They walked in silence to the floo exclusively for healers, the air between them far too tense. When they arrived home, dinner was ready to be served. Hermione had to get used to the Malfoy's house-elf Pippy, but was more than happy to ask for Pippy's help after finding out she was freed and received a monthly stipend. A very progressive move from the Malfoys. 

Following the war, Lucius and Narcissa took permanent residence in one of their many homes. The manor had been forever plagued with the evil they allowed into their home. It hadn't been her idea to live with his parent. However, given their new forever home was currently undergoing renovations, Hermione and Draco took up his parent's offer to live there for the couple months needed. At least she would not have to live within the same walls in which she was tortured by his crazed aunt. 

Without saying a word, Draco blew past her once he arrived seconds after her and headed up the labyrinth of stairs.  She hesitantly followed him up the long hallway to their bedroom and tried not to look at him, even though her eyes glanced at him once inside.  

It was obvious he was ignoring her. 

'What did I do to him,' thought Hermione, 'that's right. Nothing. I did nothing. I open my mouth to try and hold a normal conversation with my own husband, and suddenly I make his ears bleed. I don't get it. I don't get him.

Walking to the closet, she grabbed a change of clothes and made her way to their joint bathroom, making sure to slam the door on her way in. If he was going to act that way, she made sure to let him know two could play that game. 

Thoughts flowed through her mind as she struggled to hold back tears. No, she wouldn't cry, she wasn't even the one at fault. 'Maybe I do talk a lot, maybe I am annoying. But he still married me. Me, The insufferable know-it-all.' 

The sadness and confusion split into anger and frustration. Little did she know, she had actually been voicing her thought. She should have cast a silencing charm so Draco wouldn't hear her talk to herself. 

 "He should've chosen someone else is he didn't want to be bothered so much. An airheaded pureblood heiress would have much better fit that category, not someone of my caliber. Someone who won't annoy him by talking too much. The nerve of him."

 After getting dressed and washing her face, she headed out of the bathroom, having heard no movement on the other side of the door. Sure enough, Draco was no longer in their room and had left to join his parents for dinner.

"Bloody hell, I was ready to give him a piece of my mind."

Then, there was a light knock at the door, followed by a voice. 

"Hermione, is everything alright?"

________

-m