Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen – Goodbye for Now.

"Luna." I hear someone call me gently, rousing me from my sleep.

I groan and pull the blanket over my head, trying to block out the noise. The bed jostles and I am suddenly being pulled into a warm embrace. I moan softly and turn, cuddling further against the warmth. Tingles are dancing on my skin because of the fingertips trailing down my shoulder and arm.

It's quiet for a few more seconds and I start to relax, drifting off to sleep again. But then I hear that familiar masculine voice again.

"Baby..." He groans huskily when I swing my leg across his waist. "You need to catch your flight, come on."

I feel the butterflies in my tummy flutter like crazy at the endearment Kaden calls me, loving how his voice becomes husky and deep in the mornings because of sleep.

I huff in frustration, rubbing my eye. "It better be eight a.m."

"It is." I feel his chest vibrate as he chuckles, sitting up in bed. "Get up and shower, you have to eat before we leave."

"Ugh." I grumble, sitting up and turning to look at him.

He starts laughing loudly, pointing to my bed hair which makes me scowl playfully and attempt to shove him. He cries out whenever I push him, clearly mocking me because of how strong he is.

"Luna, stop hurting me!" He whines playfully, swatting my hand away.

"You haven't moved an inch, stupid abilities." I groan, crawling out of bed.

I pick up my clothes from the chair before walking out of the room and into the bathroom. As the water heats up, I strip out of my pyjamas before hopping into the shower. Since I don't have any shampoo, I use his citrus smelling one and quickly lather my body with the shower gel before hopping out and drying myself.

I realise with a start how much I smell like him and am secretly glad because it means that even when I board the plane, I'll have something that reminds me of him during the journey. I dry my hair before leaving the bathroom and making my way downstairs. Kaden and I decided to just leave my luggage by the door so it would be easier to move it out in the morning.

I join him in the kitchen and we quickly prepare scrambled eggs, bacon and toast before I grab the orange juice and fill up two glasses. Since the morning is nice and sunny, we eat outside on the patio with no fear of me getting sick because the air is surprisingly warm. Even though it is mid-winter, the weather today feels like the kind you get in summer.

It is nine in the morning when we finish and start loading the trunk with my luggage. After we have done that, Kaden and I make sure the patio doors are locked before we head down to the car. We get in and I strap my seatbelt on, wishing I didn't have to leave this peaceful place just yet.

"I wish students didn't get winter break." Kaden grumbles with a hint of annoyance, reversing the car before driving down the narrow path.

"Kaden!" I exclaim with a loud laugh, staring at him with wide eyes.

He shrugs half-heartedly before turning right at the first junction that comes up in our way back to the city. A smirk pulls at his lips when he glances at me to see an amused smile on my face.

"I'll be back before you know it." I say, letting him intertwine our hands when there's not that much traffic ahead.

"That's nearly a month!"