•151•

*time skip*

val

"johnson! its time!" i shouted into the phone. while gathering my things as quick as possible.

"right now!" he shouted into the phone and i heard things stumbling in the background.

"my water broke! get here! right now!"

"do i call -"

"just get here!" i cut him off instantly because i didn't want to hear his name.

"alright miss. mercado, i think it's time we -" the doctor put on gloves.

"no! we're not starting until the father gets here."

"miss -"

"i'm here!" his voice shouted as he barged into the room with nate stumbling behind him.

"what the hell! where have you been!" i shouted at him as johnson backed away from me because i was screaming.

"can we please, let's just begin!" i could tell the doctor was getting impatient. "do we know the gender?"

"we wanted it to be a surprise." i breathed out as jack moved my hair out of my face.

"i'm here." jack said and squeezed my hand and nodded. "i'm here, val. i promise."

nurses stood around the doctor and johnson and nate were ordered to stand back.

"move! you don't need to see that!" i motioned to down there and i saw nate smirk while johnson put his hands up in surrender.

"it's nothing i haven't -" nate was cut off.

"don't. even." jack glared him.

"can someone please get this thing out of me!" i threw my head back in pain and screamed.

"alright, are you ready val? i need you to give me a big push - as hard as you can. okay?"

i nodded and did as he said screaming and feelings beads of sweat roll down my forehead.

"you're doing so good, baby." jack looked at me and i blinked a few times then looked back at the doctor.

"big push, val. one, two, three!" the doctor smiled at me.

"ahh!" i leant forward as jack supported my back and screamed.

"good! i see the head! you're doing great! one more big push, okay? a big one!"

everything around me felt fuzzy but i nodded at what he said. i pushed with all i had left and screamed grasping jack's hand tightly. tears filled his eyes as cries filled the room.

"it's a boy!" the doctor held him up so i could see him and then brought him over to nurses.

"you did it. we have a son in so proud of you." jack kissed my forehead. "i love you."

i fell back letting out long, unever breaths while looking over at nate. he smiled at me and walked over to me slowly.

"good job, mama." he grasped my hand and kissed it lightly.

the baby is here! and it's a boy! comment some names below! :)