Chapter 11: Breaking point

There's a monster hiding in the mirror.
When I lean in close he comes nearer. 
He looks deep into my eyes and sees the fear. 

"Hush baby hush" he whispers 
"You're the only one who knows I'm here." 

Aurora arrived quickly and went to help them, asking if they were fine or if they were hurt.

At the question Lily simply laughed hard, eyes shining up to the sky and asked:

"Can we do it again?"

She was in hell. There was no denying.

"After doing the obstacles I want you to do 7 rounds around the gym, and then again climb the wall!" shouted Jorah, their training teacher "Emma! What the heck are you doing! You can't stop!" screamed at the poor girl who had stopped trying to catch her breath "If you stop you are weak and you know what happened to the weak?! They DIE! Now get up and do five more round!"

Emma groaned, but obeyed the stern man, returning to her run.

Of one thing Lily was sure: Jorah Valka was a ruthless, cold-hearted bastard who didn't care if his riders died of exhaustion before they could even go into missions.

The first time she had met him at dinner, she had found him to be a gentle, funny and almost caring person despite the warning of her friends who had already started some of the training. In the end, she had never wished to be more wrong.

The weeks had passed and now it was almost a month since she had arrived and with it their tight schedule had grown, turning to be almost unbearable: every day they would go to lesson with Miss Kennis for two hours with the other riders and then, for the rest of the day, they would exercise both in the air and ground. They had started to learn how to attack from the sky and began to learn how to use weapons on the ground, like swords and spears and how to fight in squad. They even started to trow arrows from their dragons back while on the air.

And while Lily was terrible with swords, throwing arrows was not as difficult for her.

At the end of every day, they were all without energy and desire to do anything except eat, shower and go to bed and became one with it.

To add the icing on the cake, Lily had passed almost all nights having horrible, unexplained nightmares that would keep her and Erebos awake for hours, resulting then in frequent headaches.

Also, just because it wasn't enough and she wasn't already enough stressed, Chantal had made her personal mission to make Lily's life impossible.

She would come every day to watch their training, or better Zack's training, and would always point out things she did wrong, comment on everything she did and denigrate her with some friends, obviously girls, that would come too.