21. Her knight in the shinning armor

It was so easy for me to love you that it frightens me...
I have never been good at anything.
But I have never wanted anything so much as I want to hold you every waking minute.
And every night while I sleep.
The question has ceased to be,
"How do I love you?"
and has become,

"How would I ever stop?"

-The Golden Girl
(I don't own this content)
************************************

She dragged herself to the lockers as soon as she was done in the girl's bathroom, clutching her stomach as the pain hit her once again.

She laid her head in the hard metal of her locker and closed her eyes, tears making its way to her eyes.

Biting her lips, she slowly looked for her phone and when she found it in her locker, she instantly dialed the first number that was in her contacts.

"What is it Lockwood?" She heard River's voice through the other line.

"River... where... where are you?" She asked, groaning in pain.

"Woah, what happened to your voice?"

"River... it's hurting..." She managed to say as she shut her eyes tightly, trying to let go of this pain.

"Where are you? Are you alright?" He asked, fear lurching in his chest.

"I am... I am near my locker...it's hurting, my stomach..." And he instantly knew what was wrong.

"Is it the time of the month?" He asked.

"Um huh." She said, her hands forming fists.

"I will be there." Saying that, he hung up.

A moan escaped from her lips as tears made its way out of her eyes. She wiped them roughly with the back of her hand and clutched her stomach, the pain making it impossible for her to breath.

"Woah. What happened to the queen?" And Faye looked up to see Stacey standing there, a smirk visible on her face.

Faye's red eyes suddenly formed a hard glare, "What do you want Stacey?"

"Awww, queen's crown finally falling." And Stacey laughed, not a tint of humor visible in it.

"Shut it Stacey. Stop with the façade and get the hell out of here. I am in no mood to talk with a useless, fucking bitch."

"Feeling bad that I stole your candy? You know, I gave you a year to make him yours, its not my fault that you weren't able to make him love you." And she rolled her eyes before something caught her eyes, "Well, you still should be happy you know, I mean even after all those shit that you put him through, that guy is still with you." And Stacey walked out of there, glaring at her.

Faye slowly turned around, looking at the way where Stacey was pointing at.

And there stood River Blake, worry visible in his face.

"River..." She let out a weak smile as he came near her and suddenly her body lose all his strength. She suddenly was falling down.

River's eyes narrowed by a fraction and he instantly ran to her side, grabbing her waist and saving her from his fall.

"Hey, I am here." He whispered to her, lunging her up and carrying her bridal style.

Each and every eye was on them, whispers had already started and he knew that rumors had started to spread like fire.