seven.

Go To Sleep

Stanley and I walked side by side down the street, our bikes rolling next to us. Chatter was passed between us, we spoke about anything we could think of and when we ran out of things to say, a comfortable silence filled the air. To say I was not enjoying the company would be a lie, I have never felt so happy being with someone.

"Well this is my house." I said sadly, not wanting to finish our conversation just yet.

"Okay. I live just around the corner. Are you coming to the quarry with us tomorrow?" He asked shyly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I did not know if I was invited or not and I was too scared too ask." I replied back with just as much shyness.

"Of course you are invited. You are part of the Losers Club now." Stanley said with a kind smile. That smile. I could get drunk off it.

"I'll see. See you later, Stan." I gave him a kind smile and wave as I dumped my bike on the lawn.

"See you later, Lils." I heard Stanley say before I shut the door. I leant my back against the door and slid down it, a happy smile gracing my lips.

"Mamá." I called out after standing up and walking towards the kitchen. I notice the pink papered note lying on the counter covered in cursive writing. My mother's writing.

'Lilly, your father and I are out tonight. Will be back tomorrow morning. Love mamá.'

Great! Home alone. Again. I take last night's pizza out of the fridge and plop myself down in front of the television, enjoying the savoury taste on my tongue. Toilet and tub water travels down the drains into sewers. The television show changed to a woman sitting in the middle of children all gathered around her. Her eyes stared straight into mine.

"What the hell?" I mumbled. Culverts are fun to play with all your friends. Just keep the water into drains and sewers reach. A sinister look appeared on her face as she stood up along with the children. When you are there with friends, you can have fun like a clown. Her face morphed into the clown that haunted my sleep.

"What the actual fuck?!?" I reached out for the remote and repeatedly pressed the power off button. It would not turn off. That's right, it's the word of the day. The clown kept out the television and landed in front of me, his teeth bared. I screamed and leeped over the back of the couch, my spine bruising as it hit the wall.

"Nighty night, Lilly." I was forced back into the dark place from my dream. My back hit a solid surface and a cover was placed over me. I tried to scream but I felt multiple small things tickle my face. Spiders.

I closed my mouth and felt the tears prick my eyes. 'Make it stop. Please make it stop.'

I could not hold it in any longer, an ear piercing wail left my lips and shattered the dark surroundings. I lay in bed with the clowns face right above mine. I bit my lip to try and prevent myself from screaming, fear still evident on my face.

"My sweet, sweet, sweet Lilly." His claw like hand stroked the side of my face, resting there.

"Please do not hurt me." I begged. A demonic laugh sounded from deep within him.

"I would never hurt my sweet Lilly." A grin spread across his face, teeth bared. I let out a squeak in fear and gripped my bed sheets underneath me.

"W-who are y-y-you?" I stuttered.

"I'm Pennywise the dancing clown." He took a step away from me and did a little twirl. If I was not so afraid I would have laughed.

"I have to go now but do not worry I will be back very soon my sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet Lilly. Very soon." He cracked one last grin before walking back into the shadows.

"Go to sleep." I set the sob escape my lips and the tears fall. 'Why me?'

A/N Another chapter. Sorry it's so short I promise the next one will be longer. Anyone else watched the new Star Wars movie The Last Jedi? If not then I suggest you go watch 😉😉😉

Til next time,
-I x