Chapter||25

Thanks for 10k!!
I really appreciate all of your input and thanks for reading loves!!
___________________________________

"Hey ty," I said groggily into the phone.

"Guess what?!" Tyler practically squealed from the other line.

"What?" I asked unamused.

"Kade's back in town!" He exclaimed. So this explains why Tyler was so excited. Kade is our oldest brother, he and Tyler have always been really close and when Kade left for college a few years ago Tyler was crushed. To top it all off, this year Kade couldn't make it home for Christmas and we could all tell that it was effecting Tyler.

"Why is he here?" I asked.

"It's his spring break and he came to see us," Tyler explained.

"Mhm," I mumbled suspiciously.

"What? Why aren't you excited?" Tyler asked and I could tell he was getting upset.

"I am," I reassured. I didn't have the heart to tell him that Kade obviously wanted something. Why would he come back home for his spring break but he was too busy for a family Christmas? Something's off.

When Tyler doesn't say anything I ask "When does he get in?"

"Tonight, do you want to come pick him up with us?" He asked hopefully.

"I'll try, but I need to see if the kids have anything going on first."

"Ok call me after you decide," and then abruptly
hung up.

I sighed. I love Kade but I've kinda been pissed at him for the past few months for missing Christmas. Plus if he's coming home something's wrong. He either wants something or he's done something bad. Or he wants something because he's done something bad.

I guess I'll find out tonight what's wrong with him.

...

"Jace?" I questioned as I opened the door to his room and peaked in. He was sitting on his bed doing homework without a shirt on.

"Do you even own a shirt?" I asked with fake disgust.

"Not when your around babe," he smirked and added a wink to annoy me.

After shaking my head I walk over to his bed and sat down next to him. "Can you watch the kids tonight? My family wants me to go pick up Kade from the airport with them."

"Yeah sure, we can order a pizza or something, go enjoy some family time," he said and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"You're the best," I sighed and pulled his head down so I could kiss him. He shoved his homework onto the floor and pulled me on top of him so that I was laying on his chest.

"Lexi!!!!!" A loud scream interrupted us.

"Damn it." Jace sighed.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"I'm hungry!" Cal called.

"Cal you are 14, you are old enough to get your own goddamn snack!" Jace yelled back over my own reply which would've been much nicer.

Jace turned back to me with a smirk, "Now where were we?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes as he placed his lips back on mine.

...

"There he is!" Tyler exclaimed like a school girl. I rolled my eyes as he jumps out of the parked car to meet him. My parents and I followed shortly after.

"Hey Ty," Kade set down his luggage and gave Tyler a bear hug.

Kade had golden brown curly hair, with blue eyes that could kill. He was the type of guy who could get any girl he wanted, just by flashing them one of his famous toothy grins.

He then went over to my dad and gave him a hug, "Kade my boy, it's good to see you."

"Hey pops."

Then he walked over to my mom and he kissed my her on the cheek "hey mama."

"Hi sweetie we've all missed you," my mom said as tears start to form and trickle down her face.

"Ma it's ok please don't cry I'm here now," Kade whispers and brought her in for a hug.

After a few seconds Kade looked over at me while Tyler and my dad carried his bags to the car. Kade made a face "you're grown up," he said and gave me a hug.

"I know," I said and started walking towards the car to join everyone else. Before I could get very far, Kade grabbed my arm, "what's wrong, why are you mad?" Kade asked genuinely confused.

"I'm not mad, Kade. It's good to see you, it really is, but I know you're here for something." I replied.

"What do you mean, here for something?" He asked slowly.

"You missed Christmas, Kade, and now you're visiting at the end of April? Excuse me for being a bit suspicious." I explained.

"Why do you doubt me?" He asked with what was supposed to be a charming grin.

"I know you Kade. Just don't mess it up for Ty, he's really excited you're here." I said as a warning.

"And you're not?" He challenged.

"Don't try to act like we don't have problems, cause we do and you know it." I retorted before pulling my arm from his grip and walking away.

Dinner that night went by smoothly because of Tyler. He always had something to say, or some question to ask Kade.

Kade answered each question about his life seemingly honestly and made a point to look at me when he told my parents that he had a steady job and did not need money.

He was acting like the perfect son and brother.

Maybe I had been wrong to doubt him, but the night wasn't over yet.

At 8:30, he revealed what I had been waiting for, "Hey guys, I promised a friend I'd go visit him, do y'all mind if I roll out? I'll be back in an hour."

"Of course not." My mom said.

"Who are you going to see?" I asked suspiciously.

"Just an old friend, Lex." He brushed off. It was then that I knew I had been correct.

...