3/3

THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1K+ READS! YOU ALL ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! ❤️

ELEVEN HAD POWERS. Eleven had the power to move things with her mind, making Jasper not the only one with supernatural abilities. Dustin glanced at Jasper, his mouth open in a wide circle. She could tell the curly haired boy was thinking the same thing.

"Can I talk to Eleven?" Jasper whirled around, facing the boys. They all stared at her dumbfounded. "Alone, please?"

Gradually, they nodded and filed out the room, afraid to even open the door after what just happened. Once they were gone, Jasper shut the door and locked it again, hoping it would give El a sense of security and safety.

"How long have you had your powers?" she gently asked El, joining her on the bed.

El hesitated, her eyes looking Jasper up and down. "Long time," she finally answered, glancing back down at her hands.

Jasper nodded slowly, understandingly. "Okay. How did you get your powers?" she inquired, hoping her questions wouldn't overwhelm Eleven.

"From the bad place," she replied, using more words. It was obvious that the girl was growing to become more comfortable with Mike and Jasper.

"The bad place? Did they...hurt you?" she guessed, afraid that El might have been the subject to torturous experiments.

"Yes," Eleven answered with a simple nod. "Papa gave them to me," she explained, referring to her abilities.

Jasper's lips curved into a frown, realizing that El might have been a lab rat for mad scientists. No wonder she was always so frightened. "And Papa, he's the mean scientist?"

Eleven nodded, her gaze turning dark. "Scary place," she told Jasper, bringing her knees to her chest as she began to tremble. "I don't want to go back."

"Hey," Jasper delicately grabbed Eleven's hand, holding it in hers like her skin was made with fragile glass. "It's okay," she nodded at El with a comforting smile. "You don't have to back there again. Ever. I'll make sure of it."

Eleven's soft lips curved upwards into a smile. "Thank you, Jas." she spoke kindly.

"Do you want me to tell the other boys?" she questioned, referring to "Papa" and the "bad place".

Eleven shook her head wildly, her eyes growing wide.

"Okay, okay," she calmed her down. "It'll be our secret."

The two girls continued to hold hands, both of them feeling the connection between them grow stronger.

"Since you told me your secret," Jasper shifted in her position, adjusting to get more comfortable. "I'll tell you mine."

She reached over and grabbed Mike's watch, holding it out for Eleven to see. "This is a watch, it tells time. Have you ever seen one of these before?"

Eleven stared at it for a long time, concentrating on its moving hands. She had seen something like this before back at the bad place, so she nodded.

"My secret is that I can control time. I can reverse it, pause, slow it down, and speed it up," Jasper explained slowly, hoping the girl would understand. "See the seconds hand on the clock?"