Ch.12

Previously
"you'll know when you get them"
/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/
Music soothes the forest creatures

"What time is it?" I rolled over my bed looking out the snowy window 'Christmas!' I leaped out of bed regretting not wearing socks at night. The cold floor rushed me to the bathroom with my dress mum sent me. Evidently she says that it's "traditional" to wear this particular dress and it clearly shows how old it is.

 Evidently she says that it's "traditional" to wear this particular dress and it clearly shows how old it is

I pulled on the dress with my boots that reach my knees

I pulled on the dress with my boots that reach my knees. I combed my messy hair to what I call a "normal" hair style. No one stayed for the winter break in my house so the presents under the tree were clearly mine. A small box sat on one of the others I grabbed it looking for a name

-Draco Malfoy
I'm sorry

I opened the well wrapped gift. An emerald gem glowed in the middle of the silver ring,"oh Malfoy...it's going to take more than just a ring for me to forgive you" I opened the rest of the gifts grinning softly at all the candy I've mostly gotten. The last gift was from mum and dad,"please don't be another dress, please don't be another dress, please don't be another dress!" I lifted the lid a violin case sat in the middle of the box. My eyes widen rapidly opening the case there laid an old looking but well kept, white violin with a sticky note attached to it.

Hope you love your instrument sweetheart we knew how much you wanted one and took lessons borrowing the teachers.
Love,
Mum and Dad
P.S. playing a song to the full moon at the Astronomy Tower soothes the forest creatures.

I sat there thinking 'aren't full moons when werewolves come out?' I pursed my lips shrugging it off. "Tonight's a full moon..." I had a feeling that if I don't do it mum will send countless letters asking why I didn't do it.

I left my gifts on my bed rushing out the common room to the Gryffindor Tower. The fat lady saw me coming up the steps,"Hello who are those for?" She asks looking at the two gifts,"they're for Harry and Ron","how nice of you to give them gifts do you know the pasword" I pondered for a second,"uhh...hope I say it right....uuhhh Caput Draconis?" She nods opening the door,"yes!" I whispered walking in Ron crouched opening his gift,"Happy Christmas!"

Ron falls forward turning around,"BLOODY HELL DONT DO THAT!" Ron held his chest as if his heart will fall out. "Sorry, here's your gift where's Harry?" "He's still sleeping and thank you sorry I couldn't get you one","it's okay" we sat on the couch comfortably as he opens his gift total shock paralyzed him,"Ron?......Roooooonnnn?" I poked his shoulder before I got tackled into a hug,"THANK YOU!!!" He let's go grabbing the tons of boxes of chocolate frogs."figured how you wanted to finish your collection I thought I might give you an extra hand" he grabs his previous gift unraveling it,"wonder what mum sent me"

He pulls out a sweater with the letter R knitted in the middle."Better than what my mum sent me" I motioned to my dress,"don't look too bad it actually looks good on you" a light shade of pink crawled out on his face putting on his sweater.

"Better call Harry before he sleeps in..HARRY! WAKE UP!" Ron shouts at the balcony almost giving me a heart attack. Minutes later Harry walks out in his pajamas saying happy Christmas,"what are you wearing?" Harry asks Ron,"oh, my mum made it there's a present for you under the tree" Ron finishes pointing at the oddly shaped present.

"Happy Christmas Harry!","Happy Christmas (Y/n) I like your dress" I pinch his cheek playfully handing him my present. He grinned opening the lid of the box he pulls out the notebook inside,"thank you","open it" he glanced at me opening the cover reading it out loud.

Hope this comes in handy for future adventures.
Love,
(Y/n) (L/n)

Harrys' face beamed with happiness giving me a hug,"Thanks wish I got you a gift as great as this" I shake my head,"nah, just promise me we'll have awesome adventures, that'll be the best gift ever!","we'll have the best adventures ever!"

"Guys there's a mistletoe over you" we looked up a mistletoe grew over our heads."rules are rules Harry" I gave Harry a kiss on the cheek walking off to the couch by Ron. Harry stood there processing what happened he looked around laughing nervously grabbing his other gift,"Better hurry Harry breakfast is about to start" he nods pulling out a cloak with a note.

Your Father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it Well.

Harry looked at the cloak placing it on his entire body disappeared his head seemed to be floating."oh yea adventures are so going to happen!" I shout in excitement.

(Night time)

I sneaked out of the castle to the Astronomy Tower. The bright full moon shined beautifully there wasn't a cloud in sight. Considering how its winter it's a slight mystery. Smoky followed behind me hooting every few minutes.

I pulled out my new violin thinking what I should play. Maybe a muggle song the animals wouldn't know so it wouldn't matter would it?

Once a month I have to do this. I wouldn't mind it just playing a song to the creatures of the night to soothe their hearts. The pain they must go through each day must be hard on them.

I set my violin back in its case. Going back inside was the real challenge, Smoky flew first hooting twice as a signal that no one was around. He hoots once then stayed quiet I hid behind the corner jagged steps were getting closer my heart beats faster as it got louder,'this is what happens when I listen to mum!' I felt something was thrown over me covering my mouth then shushing me.

Professor Filch grunted limping straight down the hall. I turned around Harry placed his finger over his lips. I stayed quiet Smoky hoots looking for me his head kept turning back and forth for any trace of me. I stick my foot out getting his attention he flies under the cloak into my hair fluffing up."follow me" Harry whispers leading to an empty room.

"Why were you out of bed (y/n)?","I could be asking you the same thing Harry" he paused then continued,"I was looking in the restricted section...you were?","I was....walking Smoky?" Harry obviously didn't believe what I said but didn't questioned it any further.