Lost Silver

(A/N) sorry for this chapter, I didn't really vet most of it...

***
"N-nice to meet you," he stutters out. I'm starting to feel really out of my depth with all of the new people.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Silver." I snap out of my daze. I think it's unfair that even though he doesn't have legs, he's still taller than me. Lost Silver looks like he doesn't want to say anything else. I don't really want to either, and we break eye contact.

I notice immediately that Marco hasn't been as wary with Mr. Silver as he had been with Ben. Was he not one of the "originals"? He sure seems like it. Lost Silver feels like Marco's mentor, Puppeteer. Maybe even worse, because like Puppeteer, both are really blank. I can't feel anything, no scary aura like Toxic. It just feel like something is missing. I can't put my finger on it.

As sneakily as I can manage, I attempt to look behind Lost Silver as he stands, —er, floats— in the doorway. His room looks a lot like what I imagined a boy's room to be like. Gray wooden shutters block out most of the weird other-worldly lighting coming from outside. The walls are a pale blue, and have a weird letter-y print all over them; next to his boring looking bed is a nightstand. On the nightstand rests a picture frame, I can't really tell what the picture is, but I recognize that it's a bit like the one I had back in my house of me, Mommy and Daddy. I wonder if it's a picture of his family? Did he kill them too, like I killed mine?

Lost opens his mouth to say something else, but something small and black wizzes past my face, and I yelp before leaping backwards. "Eyah.!" I shout, punching out blindly with my fist. When my punch doesn't connect with anything I open my eyes to the sound of Marco laughing. I can see that Lost Silver is looking at me both in pity and amusement, and from the guffawing face of Marco who is standing now to my left, I can tell that I'm overreacting.

The thing that flew in front of me now rests above Lost Silver's shoulder. It appears to be some kind of disk with a black circle around it, and a weird dot in the middle. It shrieks at me for a couple seconds before floating back into Lost Silver's room, where I assume it came from. Looking even closer, I realize that the strange symbols on the wall all seem to be some variation of this weird disk.

As I contemplate this revelation, the disk melds into the wall. I realize that Lost Silver had been speaking to me. Or, mumbling I guess; for some reason I hadn't noticed.

"I-I am so sorry that you had to see that. U-usually I have them out of sight. It's just been a while since they've eaten."

"What are they?" I ask.

"We call them Unknowns." Marco steps in front of me and crosses his arms before elaborating. "They follow Lost everywhere, and no one is entirely sure what they are. When he showed up in our world a couple years back Slenderman took him in. A lot of people outside of the mansion just assumed that the things following him around were Pokémon, but Ben wasn't entirely convinced. We eventually figured out that they and Lost are made from the same energy.

"It's really a chicken and the egg scenario, we don't know which created which. Are the Unknown the ones that created Lost? Or were they just a byproduct of his existence?" Marco isn't chuckling any more, and I can tell that what he is saying means something more than I understand.

Lost Silver looks really drained, and I think Marco sees it because not a second later we're saying our goodbyes. "I just wanted Kelly to get to meet you. Thank you for your time."

Then we're walking down the hallway back from where we came. I peek behind us, and I just manage to catch the closing of Lost Silver's door. "Where are we going now, Mr. Marco?" I ask, as genuinely curious as I can manage. I realize that I'm a bit tired myself.

"I'm going to show you your room."

Okay then.