Home

"Noel"

"Amar you have to put socks on, hurry up it's your last day of school," I told him and he turned around to go put socks on his feet. It had been two weeks of him living here and I loved it. He had been accepted into this private school as a scholarship kid and I would be starting classes during the summer so I wouldn't have to work. That was the deal if I went to school year round I'd get paid my salary as long as I kept up my GPA. Amar was a little behind the other kids since he spent most of his time distance learning while in the hospital. I'd have to get him caught up during the summer so he'd be prepared for the first grade.

He ran back to me and looked like he had a question," When is Austin spending the night again," he asked. Last weekend he built a fort and watched all the Pixar movies with us. Amar really enjoyed that and liked when Austin would play football with him at the park during the week. Austin who had started work at the firm would come over almost every day to spend time with us and even helped Chloe get her stuff out of storage.

"He's coming over tomorrow, go get your book bag little man so we can go," I told him as my phone began to vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that it was my brother JoJo. I answered it and he requested a video call. The first thing I noticed was Chanel in a hospital bed in tears.

"Yo Noel the doctor said she's crowning and can't get the epidural is that true," JoJo shouted.

"What is going on," I shouted back.

"She's having the baby her water broke in her sleep, is it true," he replied.

"Yeah that would be too dangerous she's going to have to do it naturally."

"Joseph Isaac Smith I swear to God I'm going to kill you when this is done," she said and then the image on the screen went black. I immediately called Chloe.

"It's my day off," she answered.

"Chanel is having the baby," I said and I heard her shuffle around. Amar ran back in the living room now prepared to leave so I motioned for him to follow me.

"Are you sure," she asked and I heard the voice of another in the background.

"Yes, I'm going to send you the money for a plane ticket so you can be there. I can't leave just yet so you're going to have to go alone," I told her.

"Alright, I'll call you in a few tell Amar that I said hello," she ordered before hanging up on me. I was excited for my brother to be having his first child. He always wanted six and now he had the first one. Amar walked to my car and got into the back seat taking his booster seat since he was short for his age. I drove all the way to the school where teachers were standing on the sidewalk waiting to usher in students. I turned back and made sure his uniform was together and he smiled at me.

"Last day, you be good and I'll buy you that race track you wanted," I said and he smiled big and wide.

"See you later," he said getting out of the car. I waited for him to get inside before I pulled off going to the university bookstore. I had to buy books which a few years ago would have caused me so much dread but the hospital was paying for them so I gladly picked up everything on the list unlike when I was paying for school. There would be times when I'd sneak into the bookstore and rip the plastic off a book and take pictures of the pages I needed to read. As I was reaching for a book when someone pushed up against me. I turned immediately enraged at the feeling of a penis grazing my back then calmed down.

"You look and smell nice today," Austin said with a smile on his face. He wore a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. He looked good in the suit I had bought him as a birthday present not more than two days ago.