Chapter 4

The heat begun to spread from his hands throughout my skin from he touched. My left foot twitches. What is that? It didn't hurt but it was disconcerting. Tristen then begun to trailed his hand down to my ankle. It tingle with such intensity. I bit my lips to the point of pain to distract me as his hand continued down to my feet wearing a pair of keds.

His hand lifted, only to touch one of my keds. His eyes flickered to mine. "May I?" He asked.

I paused then slowly nodded.

He tugged my shoes off, revealing my no show socks and he also tugged that off as well. My foot comes to sight with my blue toe nails. Thank goodness I had recently painted them.

He stopped. "Your nails are blue." He looked down his blue tail that was in the water. "The shade is similar."

My face heated. He probably thinks I painted that shade because of him. I nervously giggled. "What a coincidence. I just chose this color to paint it."

"Chose it?" He frowned. "You weren't born with it?"

I laughed. "Oh no, this is nail polish. Humans likes to decorate their nails. Particularly women."

"Oh, I see. Merwomen likes to decorate their nails too, but with gems rather than colors. Colors don't hold underwater for long."

"Gems?"

"Gems forged from volcanoes."

"Whoa." I remember how I spotted some mers with tattoos. "And tattoos?"

He nodded. "We practice that as well, but tattoos are only inked in honor and they must be earn. They're not view as decorations. Each tattoo means something"

"Wow. I would have never guessed you guys used ink."

He nodded to my toes, "I also wouldn't have guess humans painted their toenails as well." He raised his hand and looks to me with permission to continue his exploration of my human leds.

I nodded.

He slowly trailed his fingers down to my foot.

My foot jerked back from his touch and I giggled as I rubbed my foot. "That tickled!"

He smirked, "Really?" He leaned in to the tickle the soft padding of my under my foot.

I laughed and quickly pulled my legs away. "Hey!"

Tristen laughed, "Looks like I found your weakness."

I put my shoes back on and drew my legs in to sit on. "My turn." I said eagerly. I shifted my knees closer to his tail that hung over the edge of the water. I tried to ignore the dark water.

Tristen pursed his lips. "Okay..."

I scrunch my brows in concern. "Will it hurt you or something?"

He shook his head and casted his gaze down. "Nothing of that sort."

He still looked uncomfortable.

"So what's wrong?" I continued. "I won't if you don't want me too."

"It's just... never mind." He scooted back, pulling his tail out of the water until it laid on the floor, splayed out before me. He smiled at me. "It's only fair since you let me touch your legs."

I was staring at his beautiful tail in awe. This felt like a dream to me. Every little girl's dream is to be a mermaid or see one and I was living it.

The skylight made his scales sparkled like thousand of gems. The blue was so intense that it would put the peacock to shame. When his muscle shifted under his scales, the color rippled to deep green. The tails was much longer than I expected, almost my height - and I was not short. I was almost six feet tall and I hate it as an introvert. I wondered if his tail was heavier then a pair of human legs.