Chapter Nine

Yoongi woke you up at three am that night, shaking and crying in your doorway.

You sat up stretching out and Yoongi froze. In that moment to him, despite him sobbing his heart out, you were the definition of perfect.

"Come here Yoongi." You spoke softly, the way your voice was filled with sleep made him melt.

He walked over slowly and you patted your bed gently. He sat before you gently pulled him down beside you, playing with his hair as your arms were around his neck and he gulped.

"What's wrong?" You mumbled softly.

"I had a nightmare about her." His voice was quiet and weak and you nearly broke right there and then.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head, relaxing in your arms before he gingerly wrapped his around you. He couldn't remember the last time he was in a bed with a human who hadn't jumped his bones straight away.

He couldn't remember the last time he felt so secure in someone's arms. He couldn't remember the last time he was cuddled.

"Stay here for the night, I promise you Yoongi, she won't touch you again whilst I'm around."

In a way you were thankful he woke you up when he did, because any later and you would have woken up all seven hybrids in hysterics.

Nightmares of your parents death were looming on top of you.

He sensed your distress and his head automatically buried in the crook of your neck, licking at the soft skin there gently.

You had learnt, from Jin and Namjoon, that when a hybrid did that it meant a sign of affection and caring. That's why you didn't bother to tell him to stop, because you enjoyed the fact he genuinely cared about you.

"I'm sorry for letting you get hurt earlier." He hummed softly. Your hands froze in his hair. "I didn't mean to have you get hurt. Something inside of me told me someone was coming to help, that's why the door was left open. If I had realised you were going to get hurt-"

You cut him off by running your hands through his hair again, working towards the base of his ears.

A purr got caught in his throat.

"I don't mind getting hurt to save people." Your voice was quiet. "Don't apologise please."

"I- Okay Miss Y/N." He didn't argue back.

"Please, just call me Y/N." He nodded and he freely let himself purr beside you. The soft vibrations sending you to sleep.

But of course he knew that would happen, he didn't know why. But he did.

He did have nightmares of his old owner too, but not as bad as he was acting on them. He sensed your distress, even from his room three doors down.

He held you tight as your gentle breathing lulled him into a deep sleep.

He wouldn't let you be hurt by anyone else, that was a promise.