21. Morning talks

Hello Lovely People. Sorry for making you all wait. But it feels so good to listen that you were waiting for me. (I know I am being sadist 😛😛). Here's the update.

Happy Reading...

A brief reminder of the last chapter. 

Recap: Manik and Nandu drop Cabir and Abhi to the airport as they were leaving for London due to some project. 

Present

After Cabir and Abhi, Manik and Nandu too leave the airport.

In the car,

Manik: Nandu, are you feeling sleepy?

Nandu: No. Not now.

Manik: Ok then. Let me show you one of the most beautiful sights in Mumbai.

Nandu: where?

Manik: surprise. Till then you can sit back and relax.

Nandu nods and closes her eyes, feeling the fresh morning breeze. She opened her eyes when the car halts and found a grinning Manik. They were at Juhu beach and as it is just 5am, there were hardly any humans around. Manik took her to a corner of the beach and they sat facing the sea, adoring the reflection of few stars that was falling on the sea surface.

Nandu: Beautiful.

Manik: yeh tho bas trailer hai. Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost. (Nandu gives a questioning look) For that, you need to wait for half an hour more. Till then would you like to answer me something, only if you are comfortable.

Taking an approval from her, he continues,

Manik: nandu why don't you stay with your Chacha Chachi instead of staying alone at your home? I know it's your personal thing, you can say only if you want to.

Nandu takes a deep breath before answering.

Nandu: That place is the last memory of my parents. I have spent my last moments with them there. That's the reason why I am still holding on to that place. I feel I am leaving them if I ever think of leaving my place.

Manik takes her in a side-hug seeing her getting all emotional.

Manik: Didn't Uncle Aunty try to come to your place?

Nandu: Manik, Chacha's office is too far from my place. And that's one of the reasons why Abhi wanted me to work in the same company as his. So, that he could be around me most of the time. He just finds some or the other reason to call me or to come to my place. He hardly lets me be alone.

Manik: But don't you feel alone.

Nandu: (mutters) I am born to be alone, Manik.

Manik: (confused) what?

Nandu: Nothing. Where's the surprise?

Manik: there (points towards the sea)

She sees the Sun slowly emerging from the sea and becoming magnificent each second. Both of them glued their eyes towards the emerging star without uttering a word. After sitting for a while, Nandu was the first one to break the silence.

Nandu: This was such a beautiful view, Manik. Thanks for bringing me here.

Manik: Says the girl who is living here since her birth. I was damn sure that you haven't come here. And I was right. Right?

Nandu just nods looking down. Manik entwines their fingers and says,

Manik: Don't feel bad. I won't give anyone a chance to say you this thing. Let me be honored to show you each and every corner of Mumbai. (says while dramatically bowing down)

Nandu: Manik please na. Don't tease me.

Manik: Arey I am not joking baba. Chalo Mumbai ko aag laga denge. (and gives his hand dramatically)

Nandu: But Manik what about the office?

Manik: Kya yaar Nandu. You are such a mood spoiler. Office ke baad chalogi? (and makes his best puppy dog face)

Nandu smiles.

Manik: Now, let's have breakfast then we can leave for office.

Nandu: ok. Let's go to my place. I'll ask kaka to prepare for us. (and takes her mobile to call but Manik cuts in)

Manik: Nandu, no ghar ka khana. You know junk food is bliss. Let's have pav bhaji.

Nandu: You sure na, you have a six pack under that shirt. Itna junk food khaate ho, I have a doubt.

Manik: Oh, so you want to see my six pack? Pehle bata deti, dikha deta na. (And starts opening his shirt buttons only to be stopped by Nandu)

Nandu: Manik kya kar rahe ho? Log dekh rahe hai.

Manik: Oh so you are ok if we are indoors. Office chale?

Nandu: Manik shut up. When did you become so shameless?

Manik: Sharam bhi Sharma ke bhaag gayi, Jab se aap hamare zindagi mein aayi.

Nandu smiles and shakes her head in disbelief while Manik pats himself mentally for being successful in diverting her mind from her parent's memories. They have pav bhaji and leave for office.

After a very normal day at the office, Manik goes to Nandini's cabin in the evening and found her lost in her thoughts looking out of the window. He goes infront of her and waves a big hand and say a hello animatedly.

Nandu who was surprised by his sudden appearance said,

Nandu: When did you come?

Manik: When you were busy ignoring Me for that window.

Nandu: What? Window?

Manik: I was kidding baba. Acha remember hame Mumbai dekhne jaana hai? Chale?

Nandu: Manik, Chacha Chachi ne phone kiya tho? Abhimanyu ko pata chalega tho that I was roaming outside with you? kaka kya sochenge?

Manik: Uff..itne saare questions. Wait.

Manik takes Nandu's mobile and calls kaka first and puts on speaker.

Manik: Hello kaka. Mera naam Manik hai. Main Abhimanyu aur Nandini ka friend cum boss hun. Vo actually Nandu ko main bahar le ja raha hun Mumbai dikhane, tho aane mein late ho jayega. Aap ko koi problem nahi hai na?

Kaka: acha. Tho aap hi ho jo Nandu beti ko bahar le ja rahe ho. Arey beta vo kabhi bahar ghumti nahi hai. Abhi baba ne bhi pata nahi kitni baar bola hai unhe. Acha hai aap aagaye. Koi problem nahi hai. Bas khayal rakhna aap dono ka.

Manik: thanks kaka.

He cuts the call and hands the mobile to a shocked Nandu.

Nandu: aise kaise call kar diya? Tum kaka ko jaante ho kya?

Manik: Nandu baat karne ke liye janana hamesha zaroori nahi hota. And by the way maine apna introduction de diya hai.

Nandu opens her mouth to say something,

Manik: before you give an excuse of Chacha Chachi let me tell you main Chachi ko easily pata lunga. Moreover, she can't resist the charm of her Sona Munda. So shall we?

Nandu nods and they leave. 

Precap:

An evening with Manan

How was the update? Waiting for your feedback.