[36]: Everything's Got A First

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S not Ivan?" I asked him.

"It's not Ivan," he repeated, showing me his phone screen.

'Jesse' was written on the caller I.D.

"Grace!" I said on the phone.

"It's Ivan who's calling Seth, I swear!" She exclaimed, try not to burst out laughing again. "But as much as I want you to kiss Seth, Ivan's calling from Jesse's phone."

"What do you want?" I heard Seth say to the phone.

"Hey paaaaaal, how are you?" I heard Ivan sung, probably talking to Seth.

"Don't 'pal' me, you pathetic little bitch," Seth said, hearing him on the other line too.

Being smart enough, I knew what was going on. "Why are we on loud speaker?" I demanded Grace.

"Sometimes, I hate it when you figure things out," she said. "How did you know?"

"Because I can hear Seth in there when he talks," I said. "Duh? Now answer my question."

"So that everybody can hear the two of you," she said. "And your sweetness."

"Grace," I said, trying not to raise my voice. "Define everybody."

She laughed a little. "Oh, it's just me, Jasmine, Ethan and Ivan, Jesse and Arthur."

"And quite probably everybody who's here in the cafeteria," she added.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed as Seth laughed.

"There is nothing funny about this!" I exclaimed to him.

"I knew that would be your reaction," he said.

"Shouldn't I be proud of myself, people?" He said on the phone. "I know Thea Hartens too well now."

"Seth, a person with common sense will of course know that that would be my reaction!" I exclaimed. "Think with your brain, not with your arrogance."

"Thea, it's not like the whole cafeteria could hear you," Grace said.

"I can hear nothing else but you talking." I said. "Don't tell me that the whole student population inside the cafeteria are trying to listen."

There was a brief silence on the other line. "Okay, I won't tell you." She said.

I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Well, we had to go back to the hotel because Seth, being the idiot he was," I said as I looked at Seth with the expression 'Just-Go-With-It' on my face and he rolled his eyes. "Forgot something in there."

"Oh yeah," Seth said. "And that is a complete li--"

Before he could say 'lie', I jabbed his side with my elbow and glared at him.

"Little fact," he continued after he groaned in pain silently. "A complete little fact."

"Then why are you going to the mall?" I heard Jasmine ask.

"Because we haven't eaten yet," Seth said on his phone.

He turned to me and mouthed, 'Happy now?'

I shrugged. "Alright, we'll leave you two lovebirds alone for now." Grace said.

"We're not love birds," I said as Seth said, "Thanks Grace, the nickname's great ."

I was about to react but Grace already said, "Anytime, Mr. Deavon."

I rolled my eyes. Mr. Deavon? Seriously?