Twist of Fate (Sirius Black)

PAAAAAADFOOOOOOT!!!

Sorry, just got a little excited there

Sorry, just got a little excited there. In fact, these next three one shots have me very excited because they're linked. Anyway, this was requested by httpharrington who asked for a Padfoot one shot with a sweet Hufflepuff. Hope you all enjoy it ~

It was a normal Monday morning and I had the misfortune of waking up late on the morning following one of the house parties. Amongst the students, Hufflepuff house parties were legendary but Merlin, they could get out of hand sometimes. For some reason, I always ended up with the absolute pleasure of tidying up once the party finished but that also included guiding all of my drunken housemates back to their dorms. Maybe it was because I was one of the few members of the house that didn't drink? Either way, if I had to help bloody Diggory up the stairs one more time I was going to hex the twat.

But because I'd woken up late, I ended up having to practically run to my potions classroom. By the time I reached the room, my friends were already seated at our normal desk. I intended to go and join them, but my usual seat was already occupied by one of the Gryffindor girls. It seemed like she'd had a falling out with her dormmates and had decided to take my seat. Sharing a frown with my friends, I looked around the room before finding an empty desk at the back of the room.

Taking a seat at the table, I pulled my stuff out of the desk when someone decided to settle down beside me. Glancing up curiously, my eyebrows rose in surprise when I realised that Black had decided to be my deskmate for the lesson. Moving my things out of the way to make room for the Gryffindor, I looked across the room for his friends.

Black never sat willingly away from his three counterparts, so just where on earth were they? They were nowhere to be found and Black could have just as easily settled into his normal seat. Had he had a falling out with his friends? Helga, was there something going around in Gryffindor tower that had all the lions arguing with their friends? Unless -

"They're in the hospital wing," Black explained from next to me, his head propped up on his palm.

I just nodded in response, looking to the front of the classroom as Slughorn began the lesson. It wasn't strange for the so-called marauders to land themselves in the hospital wing after getting up to their usual level of mischief. Then again, they did tend to land themselves under the care of the matron after duelling a group of Slytherins.

The moment Slughorn turned his back to begin writing on the chalkboard, Black suddenly straightened up in his seat and scribbled something down at the top of his parchment. My eyes strayed curiously towards him as he slid the parchment towards me and gestured for me to read it.

Yusuf, aren't you bored?

When I raised my eyes back to him, he quirked an eyebrow and gestured for me to write my response. Rolling my eyes, I picked up my quill and wrote back, Are you?