Destiny's Sleight of Hand (Remus Lupin)

There's just not enough love out there for Moony, which I just don't understand. I mean, he's just so perfect!

A little note about requests: this is the final one shot until requests are open but requests are only open when I post the notice

A little note about requests: this is the final one shot until requests are open but requests are only open when I post the notice. So keep your eyes peeled for that! But also - in other important news about requests; they'll be open for 24 hours and it's no longer on a first come first served basis but more details about why I've decided on that will be explained in the notice ~

Now this request was so unique and honestly it was a pleasure to write! So thank you Mehnazlaila for giving me the chance to bring your idea to life~ 

It's almost 3am so I can't garauntee the quality of this or say that it's been properly edited either

Never had I expected to ever become acquainted with the Forbidden Forest that surrounded the castle. It had been labelled as forbidden for a reason and even if it made my housemates think of me as a coward, I didn't care. Salazar, there were enough chances to get myself killed in this castle by a one of the suits of armour deciding to come alive at a moment's notice. So really, what was the need for me to head to the forest? I was never going to intentionally step foot into that forest.

But it was funny how things worked out. The moment I opened my eyes, I found myself standing in a small clearing, surrounded by trees. And Salazar, the shiver that ran down my spine told me that I was in the Forbidden Forest. I had become all too familiar with this particular clearing. Letting out a deep breath to steady my nerves, I reached into my robe pocket and pulled my wand out from my pocket.

Casting a lumos to guide my way, I shot an annoyed glance at the starlight sky. Why was it always night-time? As if this place wasn't creepy enough anyway.

Using my wand to light the way, I walked with cautious steps towards the edge of the forest. The first time I had probably spent almost two hours trying to navigate my way round but now I was certain that I could tell the trees apart. But that was probably my sleep addled mind playing up on me. Regardless of whether I was currently sleep deprived or not, it took just under ten minutes for me to reach the edge of the forest. All it would take was a few more steps and then I'd be out of this forest and back to safety.

Except I couldn't seem to bring myself to take those necessary steps. Instead there was something inside of me telling me that I had to turn back, to head back to that clearing – I needed to. Because if I didn't I'd miss something - someone.

Without any conscious intention to, I turned on my feet and as if the route was already laid out in my head, I allowed my feet to lead me to my destination. Holding my wand in front of me, my steps slowed gradually as I saw the light coming from another wand. I stood a good distance away from the other wizard, unable to make out any of his features apart from his lanky frame and his head of sandy brown hair.