t e n

My eyes widened

My eyes widened.

An army? For the Republic?

I looked to Anakin wondering if he knew what this meant from a political point of view.

An army for the peace keepers of the galaxy.

An army with weapons.

Though they have good intentions, this could most definitely be percieved in the wrong way and start unnecessary conflicts.

"But you must be anxious to inspect the units for yourselves?" The Prime Minister asked.

"That's why we're here." Anakin laughed lightly.

I cracked a smile at his antics.

Lama Su nodded and rose from his seat.

Anakin and I followed suit, but waited for the Prime Minister to walk past us so we could trail him.

I could feel Anakin looking at me, but I couldn't bring myself to return his gaze, the image of us kissing in the rain fresh in my mind.

We exited through the same doors we originally entered from and began walking down yet another long white hallway.

After a bit, the walls became glass and offered us a view of the events going on down below.

Thousands of small pods holding what appeared to be human fetuses were connected to large towers streching higher and lower than our glass windows would allow us to see.

What are these things?

And why are they here?

Anakin interrupted my thoughts, "Very impressive" he said, sounding both confused and awed at the same time.

"I'd hoped you would be pleased." Lama Su replied.

When neither Anakin or I responed, he continued.

"Clones can think creatively-"

So thats what they are, baby clones. I guess this is where they grow them.

Never thought that sentence would cross my mind...

"-You will find that they are immensly superior to droids." he finished, seeming quite pleased with our awestricken faces.

"We take great pride in our combat education and training programs." he said as he continued to lead us down the hallway.

He gestured to the left, "This group was created about five years ago."

From my view I could see rows of teenage boys wearing  headsets and controlling a spacecraft on their computer screen.

Lama Su mentioned that the teenagers were created five years ago, how could that be?