Imagine #2: Proposal for the Ages

Request from: @BadwolfRed18

I hope you like it, and I hope didn't butcher your request too much

I hope you like it, and I hope didn't butcher your request too much. I apologize for any errors. Enjoy! :)

"(Y/n), you have always been the light of my life, every time I've almost kill myself you've been right there to slap me- Nope! Not romantic at all Dameron." Poe palms his forehead and thinks for a moment. (Y/n) wasn't one to be too romantic, but this was an important moment, she wanted simple. She loved simple. It's a wonder how she fell in love with Poe. He imagined her y/e/c eyes gazing into his as he popped the question. Her smiling broadly as she nodded eagerly. However, Poe's mind drifted to possible rejection... what if it wasn't the right time? What if she didn't really love him? What if..? No. Poe thought. She loves me, I know it.

BB-8 bumped into his leg causing him to look away from the small box in his hands. "Hey buddy." He crouched down and sighed. "Maintenance go well today?"

BB-8 nodded and beeped: "What is that little box?"

Poe laughed nervously and put it in his pocket. "Nothing, Nothing, It's just a gift."

BB-8: "A gift?! From who?"

"More like for who." Poe smiled like a giddy school boy. "Beebee..." he looked at the little orange and white droid sincerely. "In this box," he sighs and reluctantly pulls it back out of his pocket and opens it up for BB-8 to see. "is a ring, I'm going to ask (Y/n) to marry me."

BB-8 whirls around, beeping happily!

"Yeah me too buddy, I just don't know if I can do this." He frowns. "I don't know how to give my angel the best proposal."

BB-8: "Just ask her. Simple."

Poe almost growled, "It's really not that easy."

"Poe!" (Y/n) yelled, entering from outside of the hangar, she'd been working on programming the ion canons placed on the perimeter of the base. "Poe, babe I haven't seen you all day." She smiled and embraced him. He quickly hid the box away in his jacket.

"Hi Angel." He kissed her lips chastely and stepped back to look at her figure. Slowly twirling her. "Damn, even in a maintenance uniform you're smokin'."

She rolls her eyes. "You're such a cocky-flirt. One day you'll flirt with the wrong person and get yourself killed."

"As long as I'm with you." He pulled (y/n) back in. "I'll not flirt with and/or annoy anyone else."

(Y/n) laughed. "You're already breaking one of those promises. You like to aggravate a lot of officials on base."

"Oh you... you're always right." He took a moment to really look at her beautiful face. The force didn't let her down when it came to the looks. Everything about her is, always had been, perfect. It seemed she was simply too good.