Chapter 9

Chapter 9

To say I didn't stand there staring was a blunt lie. His chest was defined, abs and all. Broad shoulders, v-line, and a seriously well shaven upper body.

He caught my eye and smirked knowing the effect he had on girls.

"So...you here to watch me drop my towel?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. I laughed out loud as he looked at me with confusion. It was almost cute. He looked like a lost puppy.

"No, the only thing that I would like to see drop is that ego." I nodded before gesturing to the jacket, "Thanks for letting me borrow it even if I didn't ask in the first place."

"You could've just left it at thanks." He chucking before nodding and walked back into the bathroom, "There's always something more you have to add on to ruin the mood don't you?" 

I shrugged and headed for the door but before I could even open it, his voice halted me once more.

"Want a ride home?" He asked. "I have a feeling that you don't feel like staying and I'm sure you don't want a ride home with the two bimbos."

I chuckled before attempting to stand up for my teammates. I started and quickly realized that it was a lost cause considering 1 of the 2 was always out fucking someone.

"Hmm, Mama told me not to trust strangers. How did you know they took me here anyways?" I warned as I followed up with a question, folding my arms across my chest. I could've sworn he looked to my chest were my hands pushed my cleavage up but if he did, he was sure good at hiding it. Slowly, I let my hands down and blushed.

I wasn't nervous. My cheeks were just an unhealthy shade of pink all the time. Seriously, I had rosacea.

"Well, we've known of each other since like elementary and I saw you come in with them." He stated, confusing me. It threw me off how he noticed me, considering the fact that I was more or so known as the notorious 'third wheel' or just another cheerleader. 

"I guess so, Christensen." I chuckled before grabbing the doorknob. "—I'll wait outside till you're dressed and ready to hold up to your offer."

"Alright, princess."

•••

The car ride was awkward at first none the less. It wasn't like I didn't feel comfortable because I wasn't. It was more of an 'I don't know what the fuckity duck I got myself into' kind of awkward.

Eventually, Grayson got the gist of it too and decided to turn on the radio. The music went in one ear and out the other, still awkward.

"I'm Elana or Lana for short." Though my no filter personality may have gotten a little out of hand at first, I didn't want to be driving home with someone who didn't know my name.

"I know." He simply said, focusing on the road. "—you played volleyball and cheer, right? Camera always around your neck? "

I nodded my head only to find out that my weird expression of curiosity was not well hidden.

"It's from that one time in the 4th grade you followed Mrs. Layton around everywhere because she had a camera." He reminded. I chuckled at the memory, weirded out that he remembered that far back. I had though the 'not paying much attention to each other' was mutual. 

My dad had a weird fascination/ obsession with cameras and it passed down to me. Don't get me wrong, I could always attempt to be one of those Tumblr girls but I ain't that aesthetically pleasing.

"Soo... how did you like the party?" He asked.

Keeping my eyes in the front, I responded, "It was pretty good. Why weren't you out there chugging beers or something?"

"Why you miss me?" He asked causing my head to snap over and look at him before rolling my eyes, something I had done way too often in the last week, "No, much contrary to what everyone thinks about me I don't always like to spend my Friday night developing an alcohol addiction and partying, especially after being all sweaty and sticky after a game. Don't get me wrong though, I still know how to party. 

Taking me off guard as he threw quite a couple of parties himself, I nodded, "Nah, I get it." 

"It's easier for me to sneak away from the group when it's my own house and I'm pretty much the only one besides the guys who know the layout." He explained, "They'll look for me for a while before giving up. Plus, I can lock the door." 

"Pretty smart," I gave him props as I continued, "I'm guessing you have FOMO and don't want to miss out?" 

He chuckled, "FOMO, haven't heard that in a while. But that, and I have to fulfill the unspoken party obligations as football captain." 

With that, the car went back to a now comfortable silence, the music lightening up the mood just as my phone lit up with a call from Belle.

"Hey babes," I said into the phone. The way I started it earned a glance of confusion from Grayson.

"BITCH WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU? YOUR MOM THOUGHT YOU WERE WITH ME." Belle screamed. I winced and held the phone away from my ears.

Grayson chuckled as I put it on speaker.

"B, you're on speakerphone so shut the fuck up now. Yes, I was at the party. I didn't say 'hi' since you were busy with Tony."I explained. She sighed and I could tell she was on rampage mood.

"Was? Where the fuck are you? We left the party early but just as we got home, your mom left the kiddos again after being in a rush and thinking you were with me but now Tony wants me to go out with him to in-n-out and then his house before my parents notice. I love you and all but can you come home?" Bella asked. I sighed at the thought of my distant parents and my mother who just gave two kids for Belle to watch without making sure of whether or not I was there.

"I'm catching a ride home. You might have to wait about 20. I'll be dropped off in 10 and head over in my car as soon as possible, sorry but hold tight! I'll pay you back for this!" I promised as she groaned and proceeded to whine and tell me how sexually frustrated she was and how my brothers were her 'cockblockers'.

I threw my head back laughing before being earning an amused look from Grayson who was able to hear the entire conversation through the speaker at the expense of my ears being saved from having Belle screaming in it. The words that uttered out of his mouth next rendered me speechless.

"You know, I can just drive there so your friend can do the deed in a quickie."

•••

My birthday was for sure one of my best celebrated and it was yesterday for all who are curious. Friends surprised me with balloons, cakes, posters, and presents. I'm so thankful for them and all they have done :) Thank you so much for 100+ views! It's not much but it's enough. Anyways, vote, comment, and share!

P.S. This was written on Tuesday for Wednesday's post because it's when I will be
the busiest.

P.P.S. I decided on doing two updates this Tuesday since I had a free period in Art. So here is a quick short chapter :)

-Anne

•••
Updated: 12•19•17
Edited: 10•11•20