Chapter Seven

The decision had been made to split my home in half, I would spend six months here and six months in Texas.

It wasn't the easiest of decisions, it wasn't going to be easy being back and forth and never in one place, but I couldn't fathom the thought of not seeing Julian, Grace, and Dylan.

They were my family, and I didn't want to give up on them completely, but I knew I had to distance myself from Gabriel.

Although, his pack was only an hour drive from the Blood Walkers territory it was still too close for comfort. I was worried that he would find out about my pregnancy, that he wouldn't want the baby like I did.

I couldn't handle the idea that he would reject her the way he did me.

Alpha Jaxon had ordered the pack to keep my pregnancy quiet, they were not allowed to discuss it with any pack other than our own. He hadn't expressed why but there were a lot of rumours circling around.

Reed and Dylan caught onto a few which didn't end well for the those spreading the false rumours. They quickly shut them up and nobody spoke about my pregnancy after that.

Everyone had been as supportive as they said they would be, Grace especially. The excitement always twinkled in her eye when we spoke about the little girl who occupied my belly.

Chloe had gotten pregnant herself, only a few weeks ago which was exciting news especially as it meant our babies had someone to play with. She had been with Chase since they first realised, they were mates, two years ago.

We had always been in the same friendship group; it was obvious before they shifted that they were connected. They would bicker, fight, and get jealous of what the other person was doing.

It was blatantly obvious the whole time and Dylan, Reed and I even betted on it.

Two months had passed since I found out I was pregnant. Both Dylan and Reeds birthdays along with their Alpha and Beta ceremonies had just occurred too. They were now officially the Alpha and Beta of the Blood Walkers Pack.

"Your belly is getting so big." Dylan laughed, grabbing my stomach as he approached me from the side. He had moved out of house, and into his own home since his Beta title.

He offered for me to come with him, but I wanted to have Grace by my side, she had promised to help show me and teach me how to look after a new-born.

Dylan would often visit the house to see his family just like today.

I rolled my eyes at his comment, only he would comment about a pregnant woman's size. "You're not supposed to comment on how much of a whale I am beginning to look, you know."

He chuckled as Grace hit his arm, pulling an unimpressed scowl at her son. "Well, it's good to know that my niece is getting big and healthy."

"She is," I grinned, rubbing my hand on my protruding belly as I approached my twelfth week. "Only four weeks to go now."

"You figured out a name yet?" Dylan questioned curiously, his hands going into the fridge and stealing one of my chocolate bars.

Usually I would complain, but I had found that chocolate had been the cause of my sickness throughout my pregnancy. My stomach just refused to eat it.

I looked at Grace and smiled, we had discussed baby names together and I was pretty settled on the name we had chosen. I wanted it to be a surprise for everyone, so we both kept tight lipped.

"You'll just have to wait and find out." Grace said, smirking playfully, knowing that Dylan was desperate to find out. He had been asking us for weeks.

Dylan pulled a face at Grace which made her giggle. Julian appeared in that moment, walking into the kitchen, and giving his mate a kiss on the cheek.

I would often think about Gabriel, and how things could be different, but I tried not to dwell too much, the pregnancy had been a stressful and an emotional one. I was bound to think about him, he was the father to my child and my mate after all.

"Dylan, can we go upstairs quickly. I need to discuss something with you." Julian requested with Dylan agreeing immediately, following his father to his office.

I frowned at Grace, wondering what it was about but she shrugged her shoulders and changed the conversation.

~*~

My beautiful daughter, Kennedy was born on the 7th of April weighing seven pounds and three ounces. The second she came into this world and her tiny eyes pried open, I was mesmerised, and in that moment, she fully took my heart.

She was the splitting image of Gabriel; she had his emerald green eyes and little tuffs of black hair. She was beautiful with her small lips, button nose and tiny hands.

I was afraid to touch her as if I might accidentally break her; she was so fragile and small.

I remembered the day like it was yesterday, it had only been four days since she had arrived, time seemed to be flying by quickly. I smiled fondly at the memory.

Grace had squealed with joy and happiness when she first saw her, she had been by my side throughout my pregnancy and labour. "She's so gorgeous Lara, I'm so proud of both of you." She said, stroking the hair out of my face as she stared down at my new-born.

"Are you happy for me to invite the guys in, they're all waiting impatiently outside." Ashley laughed, she was our pack doctor and helped me deliver Kennedy.

"Yeah, you can let them in." I said, smiling down at my daughter unable to take my eyes off her.

The guys tumbled in, well Reed and Dylan had. Julian followed in close behind them, they were desperate to see the baby and I had revealed the name to Dylan only a few days before. He had begged me to know, too impatient for his own good.

"She's beautiful." They both said at the same time, making everyone smile. It was an overwhelming yet joyous moment for us all. I couldn't help but feel guilty about Gabriel missing out.

I didn't know if what I was doing was right, I didn't want to force him into my life when he clearly didn't want to be in it. At the same time, I didn't want my daughter to miss out on knowing her father either.

"Can I hold her?" Grace said, her voice bringing me out of my trance.

I nodded, manoeuvring myself slightly to sit up passing her over carefully, Grace hugging Kennedy tight to her chest. "It's only right that you get to hold Kennedy Grace first."

From my words, her mouth opened widely, staring at me in shock until an unexplainable grin erupted across her face, her eyes beginning to water from the name I had decided. Julian stood behind his mate, comforting her as she cried.

It was amusing to watch; Grace couldn't control her hiccups as she rocked Kennedy in her arms. "I can't believe how much of a mess I am right now. Her name is beautiful, I don't know what to say but thank you."

She cuddled her for around ten minutes before Dylan started to complain. "Come on mom, stop hogging her." He chuckled, carefully lifting Kennedy into his arms with Reed standing next to him. "Should have named her Kennedy Grace Dylan. It would have suited her better or just Dylan, that would have worked well."

"Shut up," I responded laughing with an eye roll. "Who would want to name their child after you."

"I certainly wouldn't." Reed agreed, his tone serious and without hesitation.

Dylan's astonished expression turned to distaste once we all began laughing, even Ashley the pack doctor joined in causing him to growl playfully at us all.