CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Chapter 14

- Mia White -

I couldn't wait until school was over. Ace wouldn't tell me where he was taking me, saying it was a surprise.

Of course I had to tell Sarah, and when I told her, she was practically screaming that she was right about him having feelings for me.

She even said that she was going over to my house to help me get ready.

On the other hand, Mindy looked furious. Someone must've heard our conversation, and told everyone about it.

During class, I could feel Mindy's eyes burning the back of my head.

Ace wasn't even here today. Not even Levi or Ben. I texted and called each of them, but they didn't answer. Seriously, what's with these guys always ignoring me?

Lunch came around, and the next thing I knew was being pushed into an empty classroom by one of Mindy's minions.

Mindy angrily walked towards me before slapping me hard on the cheek. It hurt more since I also felt her nails scratch my cheek. Her nails were freakishly long. I consider them claws.

"Stay the fuck away from Ace," she hissed. "You already know that we're engaged. Stop messing it up for us."

"He didn't want to marry you in the first place."

Another slap in the face.

"It doesn't matter. He'll learn how to love me." I inwardly scoffed at that. I know how much Ace hates Mindy as much as I hate her.

"Now, I want you to cancel your little date, and stay out of his life for good."

"Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but I can't do that," she was about to slap me again but this time, I caught her wrist. She was going to use her other hand, but I pushed her away before she had a chance to.

Mindy stumbled back, almost falling but composed herself.

She opened her mouth to say something when I cut her off.

"Please, save your breath. You'll probably need it to blow up your next date."

Mindy gritted her teeth, but didn't do anything.

Before any more violence could be done, I walked out of the room after her friends moved out of the way.

I can't believe I just said that!

I feel a bit guilty for saying something that was mean - but probably true - but she crossed the line when she slapped me. Mindy has never physically hurt me. She's only verbally bullied me since I first met her.

"Are you okay?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts, and saw Max standing there.

"Max? What are you doing here?"

He chuckled. "Sarah forgot her lunch," he replied, holing it out for me. "It's good to see you again."

"Likewise," I said with a smile. He handed me Sarah's lunch so I could give it to her, before walking away.

I found Sarah in the cafeteria with a few of her other friends. When I handed her lunch to her, she gave me a confused look. I told her that Max came to school, saying that she forgot her lunch, but her expression didn't change.

"I told Max that I didn't need lunch. You know I always buy mine at the canteen."

Then why did Max say she forgot her lunch