[III]

I remember the first time I met her.

More than a year ago. How time flies

Unconventional...

No, perhaps it was typical...like as if I had become part of a weekly drama.

Anyway, it was one of those rare nights that I would join my friends to party.

It had been a while and it was Hoseok's birthday and Jungkook was holding a party for him. Though I was pretty sure it was because he wanted to party. This gave him an excuse.

So, the party began on a Saturday night when none of us had work or schedule. I arrived late as usual and was immediately scolded by Seokjin-hyung.

"You're late." He said as he flipped his bangs, copying Jimin's usual habits.

"I know." I shrugged. I didn't have an excuse, not really. "I was working."

"And you say, I'm a workaholic." The eldest of the group scoffs as he has his arm around a beautiful brunette woman. It felt wrong to watch her short dress rise up even higher.

"You are." I answer back, pouring myself some scotch.

Hyung laughs and Jimin joins us at the table, leaving two girls to groan in sadness on the dance floor.

"Were you working again?" He asks me even though he already knew. Jimin's eyes already told me he knew about it. I just nod in response. "You need an assistant."

"I know. I have interviews set up for Monday and Tuesday." I groan. I dreaded it. I needed to go through the interviews myself since they would be working with me. The chemistry and teamwork needed to be symbiotic.
"Can't you give me your secretary?"

"No." He frowns. "Get your own. I finally have someone who won't sleep with me." Jimin sips the colorful drink in his hand, while eyeing the color.

Jimin has had difficulty with his secretaries since they had continuously tried to jump him. It had become a problem for him and the company. This is why I dreaded the interviews. They were mainly women. I was hoping for a male secretary but all of them were females. And truthfully I didn't have time to drag the job offers. I needed the help.

I wasn't the hottest or handsomest but I was attractive. And I was rich.

And all was from my own success.

I wanted to talk about something else though. Then I noticed that Yoongi-hyung was not among the group. It was strange for him to miss a group hanging.

"Where's Yoongi-hyung?" I asked. It had been a while since I saw his lazy ass.

"Oh, he's probably sleeping upstairs." Jimin replies chuckling. "But he had a girl with him so..."

"I see..."