XXXII

-Sirius Black-

-Sirius Black-

"Wait, so you actually saw her start that fire without a wand?"

"No but Libby did, along with a bunch of other hufflepuffs. They watched her and that other Slytherin girl, Bellatrix, go down to the Black Lake woods. They saw what happened.

"That is totally insane!"

"I know right, the whole thing is- not to mention her. What the hell is going on with her these days, she's changed."

"I have no idea but one thing's for sure, Stella Hart has gone off the deep end."

"HEY!"

Lily, quick as a flash, spun around to face the two unsuspecting Ravenclaw girls that were sitting at the table opposite from us in the Great Hall.

"Keep her name out of your mouths." She hissed. A red and white blotchy blush started to creep up one of the girls necks while the other one stared at us, eyes wide a piece of sandwich stuck to the corner of her mouth as she realised that they had been caught trash talking Stella by Stella's best friends.

Or were we now ex- best friends? Did we hav a right to claim any title at all? I don't think I could. Not according to Stella anyway.

"We were just..." the blotchy one started to speak but Lily was chomping at the bit for a fight what with all the suppressed emotional distress and she stepped up to the challenge.

"Don't play me for a fool, I know damn well what you were doing. You and every other gossip hungry person in this school." Lily snapped back, rising out of her chair.

"Lily." James called her name softly from where he was sitting across from her. A gentle warning. She didn't hear him, or maybe she chose not to hear him.

The girls looked terrified.

"I'll say it once, I won't say it again." Despite the fire in her hair and across her cheeks, when Lily spoke her voice was like ice.

"Keep her name out of your mouths."

The girls nodded quickly and scampered out of the hall, abandoning their half eaten lunches. Lily watched them go, with a certain disappointment, like she wanted them to stay and fight.

When she finally turned back to us, she was met with our mixed emotion stares.

"What?"