¤8¤

Lonzo

I look at my phone after a few hours of waiting for Danielle to fall asleep.
She falls asleep around 2:30 in the morning.

I am the only one up.

As I was going to lay down I get a call from an unknown number.
I look at my screen for a few seconds before answering.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey, is this Danielle's cousin?" The person asked. His voice sounded familiar, like I have heard it somewhere before.
I ignore my thought and I answer his question.

"Yeah, is this Ky?" I questioned the caller.

"Yeah, it's Ky." Ky replies.

After a few moments of awkward silence I finally speak up.

"Why do you wanna talk to my cousin?" I asked him.

"I wanna get to know her!" Ky started to say. "She seems like a cool person!"

I roll my eyes. "Come on man, I'm a guy too. I know how we think. Are you just trying do things with my cousin and then throw her away like she is a piece of trash because if so, I will hunt your ass down and I wi-"

I get cut off by Ky. "Bro, that's not all I want from her. I've only known her for a few days but I feel like we share a lot of laughs together. I honestly, one hundred percent honest, just wanna get to know her and see where things go."

I nod my head in approval. "How old are you?" I asked.

"I am twenty two years old."

"Did you go to college?"

"Yes,  I went to college for two years." Ky answered.

I nod my head again. I think about other questions but I can not think of any.

"You wanna ask me any questions?"

Ky stays quiet but then he answers. "Does Danielle like to be called Danni or Danielle?"

"If you know her well you can call her Danni, but people she just met call her Danielle unless she tells them to all her Danni," I answered.

"What's your name?"

"Lonzo." I replied.

"What do you do for a living?" He asked.

I can not just go around letting random strangers figure out that I am Lonzo Ball. I quickly try to think of another job besides being a professional basketball player.  "I am the manager at the Nike outlet!" 

"Oh, nice nice, you should get me some free shoes!" Ky says playfully laughing.  I laugh too.

He seems like a pretty cool guy. Ky and I continued talking for a little bit before we run out of questions to ask each other.

"Alright then, if you need any help or tips about how to impress my cousin you know how to reach me!" I say.

"Fasho, good lookin." Ky says. We both hang up and I save his number in my phone.

I save it as Ky (Help4Danni).

I put my phone down and I end up falling asleep too.

Ky

I am glad I called Danielle's cousin cause he agreed on giving me tips and helping me with Danielle.

I guess he would rather have his cousin with someone he can trust and someone he knows will treat her right.

I am not a hundred percent sure he trust me yet, but he offered to help me so that's a start.

_______

QOTD: What is one word that describes you?