Chapter 36 Partners in Crime

(Tiff's POV)

I opened my eyes slowly taking in my surroundings. I felt so tired and it's as if something was missing.

Trying to sit up I noticed I wasn't pregnant anymore , I gave birth last night. But where were they ?

Before I had a chance to worry a voice spoke up as I looked to where it came from. It was Alex sitting across the room with one of our babies.

"Hey Tiff , how you feeling ?"
"Okay I guess , just a bit tired is all."
He gave a small chuckle as he came closer."Well that's understandable, considering what you've just been through ."

"Is that Xander ?"
"Yeah , Mia is sleeping in the bassinet next  to you." My eyes roamed to a sleeping Mia as Xander began crying.
"Looks like someone's hungry. He's been doing this for the past 10 minutes ." He handed me Xander.

As I held him close to me he opened his eyes. He had Alex's ocean blue eyes with my nose.
"He looks just like you , minus the nose though."
"Yeah , and Mia looks exactly like you minus the hair ." He gave another chuckle.

I can't explain the amount of joy he's displaying, I can just see the joy dripping off of him. He was proud.  Happy and proud .

A knock broke my train of thought as a nurse appeared with a clipboard.

"Ok , so what will their names be ?"
Alex looked at me as I gave him a nod confirming our decisions as he said ,"Xander Luke Tatum and Mia Amber Tatum"
"Alright , I'll be back in a while with the birth certificates." And just like that she left and as if on cue Mia started crying which made Xander cry again.

"Why don't you feed those two while I make a quick call to Chris. He can bring your bag and everything over ."

"Okay."

*********

It wasn't easy but they're both changed , fed and asleep.

I took this opportunity to take a shower and freshen up - I looked like a mess. -

As I got out and made my way back towards the bed Alex came in with some hot chocolate and sat next to me.

"They're beautiful Tiff ."

"Only because they're half of you ." I said with a smile

" And half of you ." He said returning the same smile. 

"Ok , they're beautiful and I can't believe that's our little angels"

"Me neither... you know I kind of freaked out a bit when they said you were going into labor. I didn't know what to do with myself ."

"I know."

"I know , is that all your going to say ?"

"I mean I know you freaked out because you have so much love and care and wouldn't want anything to happen to any of us . So you  not being able to be in charge in the situation freaked you out , because you care."

"You know me so well. Speaking of , I have a birthday present for our angels and after that I'm taking you home."

"You didn't have to get them anything."

"I know , I wanted to."

He opened a little box and inside was two necklaces. One saying brother  and the other sister. Both had little handcuffs and half a heart saying 'Partners in Crime' , which I found pretty ironic considering what Alex does.

 Both had little handcuffs and half a heart saying 'Partners in Crime' , which I found pretty ironic considering what Alex does

"Alex ... it's beautiful."
He picked Mia up and hung it around her neck as I did the same with Xander and then placing them back in the bassinets.

"I don't want them to ever take it off. It will always ensure their safety just like your ring ."

"Thanks "
"We're a family now and I'll do anything to protect my family." He leaned down and kissed me."Now let's go home."

What did you think ? I know it's a bit shorter dan the others but this is sort of a filler .
Remember to Vote and Comment ❤❤❤