64. TVD

Season 4 Episode 22

"That's the funny thing about spells," Elena/Silas said. "The spell that turned me into stone was bound by a witch – a living witch. So when that witch died, the spell broke."

"Bonnie? Bonnie's not dead," Stefan said, trepidation in his voice.

"I created an immortality spell two thousand years ago," Elena/Silas said, ignoring him. "I can never die, so nature needed to find a balance. A version of me that could die – a doppelganger."

"So, this is finally your real face? You're another one of them?" Stefan asked.

"Not exactly," Elena/Silas said. Before Stefan's eyes, Elena's face transformed to show him, seemingly, his own reflection. Silas' true form.

"Hello, my shadow-self," Silas said. Then he stabbed Stefan in the stomach, putting his body into a safe. "Do you have any idea what it's like to starve for two thousand years?"

Silas locked the safe and tipped it over the edge of the cliff into the quarry. Stefan banged against the safe as it began to fill with water.

***

Back at the Salvatore mansion, Willow paced nervously. She reached for her phone and called the number again.

"Stefan, this is my fifth message. I know you're probably already halfway to Portland or wherever but I need you to tell me if you dropped Silas's body into the quarry. I don't know why, but the spell didn't hold. He's still alive. You need to watch your back." As she spoke, Damon walked into the room. "So... just call me back, please. I need to know that you're safe. Call me."

"You worry too much," Damon said. "He's gonna have the summer of his life."

"Unless Silas gets him."

Damon peered at the witch. "What's in this for you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Stefan is still in love with Elena. He's never gonna go for you."

"That's not what this is about," Willow said. "I know that the town of Mystic Falls doesn't really understand this, but a girl and a guy can just be friends without any romantic attraction."

"Stefan told me that you're helping him get the cure," Damon said. Willow froze. "If you're playing with my brother's emotions so that you can fulfil some witchy prophecy..."

"That's not what this is," Willow said. "Helping Stefan has nothing to do with the witches. He's a good guy, that's all."

"So when are you gonna tell him that you have to kill him?" Damon asked with a smirk. "That you have to kill all of us."

She didn't know how he knew, but right now she didn't care.

"I have to find Silas," she said, walking to the front door. "Before he kills Stefan."

***

"That's a wrap!" Julie called.

The entire cast and crew cheered, excitement flowing through them. They had finally finished filming the whole of season 4.

"You guys deserve a well-earned break!" Julie said. "Get out of here, have a good Christmas and New Year, and we'll see you in March for season 5!"

Cue another cheer from the cast and crew, who smiled at each other and rejoiced at the fact that they were finally done. Now all they had to do was get ready to film season 5. But first, they needed some time off!